Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Holden Calais V

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    The I6T family wasn't a success?
    From the fpv guise it wasnt. While the 5 litre was about 12 months away fpv tanked....didn't really recover all that well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

4Vman (9th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    From the fpv guise it wasnt. While the 5 litre was about 12 months away fpv tanked....didn't really recover all that well.
    Well I believe the reason FPV tanked was because they went down the boy racer path and sold cars that appealed to fast and furious P platers which ironically could not be driven by P platers in most states.
    In the entire FG/FG2 range there was only one model that even remotely appealed to me and that was the F6E.
    Everything else was "plastic pig" ugly.

Even the Sprint 8 was borderline "try too hard" with that stupid black roof and ugly stripe.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

13726548 (9th January 2019),FTe217 (9th January 2019)

haha hence why I went silhouette, that stripe is ordinary to say the least the black roof works on mine lol.......
    A clean RSpec looked the goods in blue for me.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Well I believe the reason FPV tanked was because they went down the boy racer path and sold cars that appealed to fast and furious P platers which ironically could not be driven by P platers in most states.
    In the entire FG/FG2 range there was only one model that even remotely appealed to me and that was the F6E.

Even the Sprint 8 was borderline "try too hard" with that stupid black roof and ugly stripe.
    Yet hsv have always had a more boy racer look then fpv ever did and they did well. FPV always looked more tame in comparison.
    So the argument could go the other way. FPV didn't have enough of a look at me factor.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

13726548 (9th January 2019),4Vman (9th January 2019),defective (9th January 2019),Randel (10th January 2019)

The FGE? You mean the same car they sold.. what 3 or them?

FPV ( thankfully ) stayed true the GT nameplate and what the ownership experience of those early models represented. These cars were aspirational to people that had previously bought their XR siblings, or the original chrome bumper GTís.

They werenít aimed at P platers at all. Your average P plater didnít even get what the modern GTís where all about unless their folks had owned an early one.

For FPV the market initially responded well to its modern day interpretation of a GT falcon. By late 2005 FPV had offloaded more than 3000 BA GTs, surpassing sales of the iconic XW GT and GT-HO. It was when they started to produce cars that fell short of these market expectations that what resulted was completely predicable.

You only need to look at the new Mustang today to see what the expectation is of the modern day blue and white collar V8 car enthusiast. Loud on colour, loud in sound, stripes, spoilers etc. Itís boy racer city and delivers this in spades all over the globe.

They could of made a 4 door luxury V8 like the GTE and F6E for $85- 90k but I suspect they wouldnít have sold in significant numbers. Those buyers aspire to C63ís or similar premium cars. Hell, they canít even move the much cheaper Stinger with its more subtle and somewhat bland styling. That is not because itís a 6. Itís because itís bland and blends in.

You are blaming some of us for not buying products that ultimately fell short on expectations or that almost no body wanted. Those that did act, did so because they wanted to remain part of Falcons story and had the available resource to make it happen. Nothing wrong with that if you can do it. I wish I could have. That doesnít mean the rest of us are at fault for not supporting your tastes and preferences which appear to be in the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar

The B-Series for FPV were definitely their pinnacle. A BF GT in Ego is still a car I would love to own. For me the FG's just looked bloated and I could not find love for the front bumper. It was neither under or overstated. Just didn't give the car the presence that it deserved.

I think that they got the Sprint 100% right. For me if Ford wanted to follow the ED Sprint it was all about being very understated with a pack of punch. Definitely the sleeper. If I didn't have the EB I would have definitely considered one. It was the only model where I truly liked it in Smoke. The striping just set everything off.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    The B-Series for FPV were definitely their pinnacle. A BF GT in Ego is still a car I would love to own. For me the FG's just looked bloated and I could not find love for the front bumper. It was neither under or overstated. Just didn't give the car the presence that it deserved.

I think that they got the Sprint 100% right. For me if Ford wanted to follow the ED Sprint it was all about being very understated with a pack of punch. Definitely the sleeper. If I didn't have the EB I would have definitely considered one. It was the only model where I truly liked it in Smoke. The striping just set everything off.
    Yep pretty much agree with all of that.

For me the best B series was the BA2 F6 in silver followed by the BA GT-P in blueprint (which is why I bought them both).

If my old GT-P appeared on the used market and was not rooted I would probably buy it back. Unfortunately my F6 was bought by fast and furious fanboy and is basically a rolling scrapheap.

If the Force was available in manual I would have considered one of those but decided not to go that way and have confirmed my reasons with my Sprint
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

Perko (10th January 2019)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Yep pretty much agree with all of that.

For me the best B series was the BA2 F6 in silver followed by the BA GT-P in blueprint (which is why I bought them both).

If my old GT-P appeared on the used market and was not rooted I would probably buy it back. Unfortunately my F6 was bought by fast and furious fanboy and is basically a rolling scrapheap.

If the Force was available in manual I would have considered one of those but decided not to go that way and have confirmed my reasons with my Sprint
    I love the Force concept and would grab a manual Force 8 in Ego.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

F8 black manual for me - oh I have that in a way
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (13th January 2019)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567