Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 supercars discussion. May contain spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I predicted they'll go with an unchanged livery and i wasn't disappointed lol

Look, the new shape gives them a free kick with using an existing livery, it also makes the transition between FGX to Mustang more seamless.

Its evolution not revolution.

I don't see an issue with teams doing it at all.
    Of course not but I suppose the opposite expectation could be said.

New car, fresh start, kick it of with a killer look.

If you go back through the shell liveries there have been some really good blends of colours and shapes. In the penske era it’s been a bit conservative but functional.

I do like it but I could have been better.

Note the predicted consistency with the Ford badge.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (11th February 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Of course not but I suppose the opposite expectation could be said.

New car, fresh start, kick it of with a killer look.

If you go back through the shell liveries there have been some really good blends of colours and shapes. In the penske era it’s been a bit conservative but functional.

I do like it but I could have been better.

Note the predicted consistency with the Ford badge.
    I think you'll find Viva (Shell), like most multinationals have strong Branding style guidelines with their corporate stuff, some of the color ratios may be set in concrete before you start designing.

Yes the logo seems a common position, obviously a ford directive.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (12th February 2019)

I think you'll find Viva (Shell), like most multinationals have strong Branding style guidelines with their corporate stuff, some of the color ratios may be set in concrete before you start designing.

Yes the logo seems a common position, obviously a ford directive.
    Or something the teams have decided to do themselves due to Fords involvement.

I was expecting to see more Ford on the shell cars to be honest. Maybe that’s still to come.

And yes. That’s what I have been saying about Monster in response to some very stupid comments about no change or lack of imagination.

Imagine my surprise on learning people who have no issue with this shell effort were pulling to pieces the monster car.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Imagine my surprise on learning people who have no issue with this shell effort were pulling to pieces the monster car.
    If my ears are burning about this I've been taken out of context...

Or something the teams have decided to do themselves due to Fords involvement.

I was expecting to see more Ford on the shell cars to be honest. Maybe that’s still to come.

And yes. That’s what I have been saying about Monster in response to some very stupid comments about no change or lack of imagination.

The Monster one is good, very sinister, yes (like DJRTP's) it's basically last years design but i'm not sure what else you do if their corporate policy says "predominant color must be matt black with logo offset in "Monster" green"...

People need to understand that with corporate dollars involved corporate branding must be on point with their branding guidelines.

Supercheap seem to have very strong branding guidelines too, im not sure they'll be able to alter much with Chaz's livery.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

We all know Corporate's have their logo std's/directives etcetc....
    How it is, shame to me for in a sport such as this that is fast etc a slight zipped up change could make them pop so much more.
    Like discussion with Slow last night, some don't like matt finishs - I like them the Monster one for me is the best for it suited FGX and now more so Pony (or maybe hides the weirdness ) whereas I see the Shell livery pretty much same same like Coke and Maccas have been.
    Yep its branding I know.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Bless X

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (11th February 2019),Randel (12th February 2019)

Richie's not done with Tickford just yet:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...f6e50bb8534a22

Richie's not done with Tickford just yet:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...f6e50bb8534a22
    Looks like he hasn't changed one bit.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th February 2019),FTe217 (11th February 2019)

Looks like i was wrong about Skaife, at 5% he's more popular than i thought:

Nearly 7000 votes now and the % hasn't changed.

On a serious note, surely Supercars need to address this, and have a good hard look at themselves and address how they measure consumer satisfaction.

This (and other decisions) says to me they're completely out of touch with their main stakeholders....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast