Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 supercars discussion. May contain spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    I guess Ford's will they/won't they approach to racing post Falcon has actually played a bit into our hands. Holden and Roland had to lead with the first punch on ZB not really knowing what type of counterpunch would arrive. They pushed it as far as they thought they needed, probably based on DJRTP or Tickford eventually doing a similar/mostly in house job with whatever Ford would let them run with next.

What Holden and Roland didn't expect was that the counterpunch would come with Ford Performance muscle behind it. It's gone from a team developed effort to a manufacturer supported effort. Manufacturer supported in a way we've never seen from ANYONE in V8 Supercars before, least of all Ford. PLUS it had involvement from Ludo - the guy who has fettled more Supercars aero kits than any other. Who could instil a significant understanding of what a supercar needs to be competitive.

That's led us to something that was purpose built to not just compete with where the ZB was on a limited budget but something with a manufacturers hunger to win, and win well.

Holden and Roland underestimated the future strength of their competition. Holdens parts supply deal with the team's has demonstrated that. I bet whatever they do next won't have T8 ownership attached built into the deal, it will no doubt have their involvement but I very much doubt their entire fortunes will be tied to the efforts of a private team with Holden naming rights on the shopfront.
    While i agree mostly, there are a few things here.

Holden don't have the Motorsport engineering clout or ability to match Ford via Ford Performance.

T8 have been almost completely the leaders with the development of the ZB, effectively using Holden money to do so.

I'm not sure it's so much that they underestimated what Ford would counter with but did exactly what they needed to do, while stretching the boundaries with the resources available to them.

Nobody would have foreseen what was needed to be done to the body shape to get aero parity.

In fact there's a lot of irony associated with Rolands insistence that the cage remain unchanged and the outcome of him taking that position....

Should GM decide to weigh into this battle via Chevrolet Motorsports i'd imagine they'd want the same international spin-off from it that Ford Performance gets, and i think this is a key component to FP's involvement..

And we know exactly what product that would be and we also know exactly what the hurdles are in front of that occurring.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I thought DJRP did lock out the front row this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1-2 Race 3.
    1-5 Race 4.

Qual for race 5 and 6 today.

All short distance races with no pit stops so qualifying well is vital..

Race 3 100 points
    Race 4 50 points
    Race 5 100 points
    Race 6 50 points

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (15th March 2019),WASP (15th March 2019)

To add to a previous comment....

If Ford Performance use the Mustang Supercar results in the U.S to good effect, which so far via socail media they have given it equal billing to the rest of their teams, and it is seen over there as some kind of one-up-manship, it may antagonize Chevrolet Motorsport to react...

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Something a bit light hearted:

Scott sweeping poles at Albert Park... I can hear Roland Dane now...(to the tune of "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees)

Parity,
    The Mustangs are too fast,
    This cannot last,
    I need parity...
    Roland Dane should fix his own front splitter problems before making any parity statements.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th March 2019),Randel (15th March 2019)

That should do it...

Peace out Daz
    Thank you Ford for the memories

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th March 2019),FTe217 (15th March 2019),Futura (15th March 2019),Randel (15th March 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Roland Dane should fix his own front splitter problems before making any parity statements.
    It would appear that T8 have been impacted the most by the linear rear spring change.

The change in ride geometry has re-flared their splitter issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (15th March 2019)

Can you recall them ever having a splitter issue Norm ?

Been searching video's online but keep getting distracted

I thought only Lee Holdsworth had one last year up in Darwin and that carried over for quite some time from memory ?

Memory what is that, who am i ??
    Thank you Ford for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by 13726548 View Post

I thought only Lee Holdsworth had one last year up in Darwin and that carried over for quite some time from memory ?

Yep.

all through testing and round 1 last year, they destroyed nearly every bumper they (and other teams) had.

Frosty went through 3 at PI this year too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (15th March 2019)

Now if the AU XR Falcon's actually came out looking like that it would have done alot better
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Quote Originally Posted by 13726548 View Post

Norm has answered, initial testing at PI they were shaking off the mountings virtually, flapping like mad.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (15th March 2019)

Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast