Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1375

Thread: 2019 supercars discussion. May contain spoilers.

I did say on my Facebook page I thought what Giz did was wrong. You need to leave that to the rescue crews.

Since then the person first on scene has taken to twitter to claim Giz slowed him down in doing his job. Race drivers stay in cars and let us do our job.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (29th October 2019),Donut King (29th October 2019)

Which is your favour retro livery?

I have to hand to Erebus. They do good looking cars

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Which is your favour retro livery?

I have to hand to Erebus. They do good looking cars
    Surprised by the number of retro liveries we're seeing this year. The WAU cars take the win for me. Maybe if I tell Dark Ryan he'll be less dismissive of my tweets!

If you're not leading, a retro livery is a good way to get exposure for your sponsors. It mixes things up for fans too. It would have been good to see BJR's Ozemail livery on the Mustang. Chaz's livery on the Supercheap Mustang is my favorite of the two Fords.
    Last edited by WASP; 7th November 2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2019 Mustang GT 10 speed

Wow. Lots to discuss.

You just feel like the latest parity change has really worked. Does that mean T8 are back to where they should have always been or does it prove they need an advantage to dominate?

Pit lane talk suggests ZB now has a 30-40 Kroc downforce advantage over the field. Not helping their case are the constant reports from T8 that they expect to struggle or they don’t know what their aero will do!

Doesn’t do them any favours. What’s undeniable is it’s a step change and it’s a significant one. I would suggest the last change should have been half of what they got.

I would encourage everyone to read the full report on the engine issue at DJRTP. There are a lot of issue with it but none support cheating.

It seems strange to me that a team can ask for an engine change because they feel it’s failing, support that with data, the sport agree and then in a check an issue is found that supports its failing. As part of that a clearance rule is breached and the qualifying at Bathurst expunged.

The sport can say if this was the start of valve train failure or not. In fact that doesn’t matter. Huh?

Really?

The only way this could have been prevented was to have a rule that any engine change carries with it a grid spot penalty. If a failing engine can’t be changed and as part of that early onset of failure break the rules, if they can’t test immediately, there needs to be an instant grid penalty based on the possibility.

Ryan Walkingshaw has said there have been rumours of qualifying engines shenanigans for a while. Really? How many times do Penske change out engines?

It’s like he has no idea about what’s going on. And he in fact doubled down on DJR doing something wrong with the rollcage.

Anyone know what this was or when it occurred?

The DJR defence here I the document is compelling reading.

The sport have said it doesn’t matter how the clearance got there, it’s just there.

That said. Two thighs that surprised me over the weekend where the dropping of the car while still connected. They needed to raise it back up.

And I thought Fabs should have been released from behind Scott. Surely Fabs scoring more points is of more value.

There have been some cracks mat this team but we get the chance to fight for the teams at the end so it’s all to play for.

Hope they can hold on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (11th November 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    Surprised by the number of retro liveries we're seeing this year. The WAU cars take the win for me. Maybe if I tell Dark Ryan he'll be less dismissive of my tweets!

I thought they were plain but I have issues with WAU so they were never getting my vote.

Sounds like they want to make retro compulsory next year..

The engine debacle....

Where do i start.

The way Supercars have handled this allows for the "cheating" stuff to be front and center again.

The timing of the press release was appalling if the sport is about self image and positive fan and sponsor engagement.

Bathurst was what, 4 weeks ago? How long do teams have to surrender working assets for after each race? Where's the cost containment consideration in this?

I would encourage any doubters to read the technical report.

Clearly that engine was eating itself up, had they not changed it a DNF was highly likely.

Supercars even abandoned extra dyno runs due to cooling fluid in the oil separator....

The method of measuring lift at the valve when such a reading could be used to determine a penalty that could result in exclusion is laughable.

Give me an hour with an Alan key and 16mm ring spanner and i could make every engine in pit lane fail.

The fact that only the front few cylinders showed net lift outside of the max allowable (by a paper thickness) when in an ideal world there isn't a creditable engine builder anywhere in the world that wouldn't want ALL valves having IDENTICAL lift surely says there's an issue.

Supercars even acknowledge that can't discount the issues they also encountered as not creating the lift anomaly.

Then go onto say nothing about the anomaly would be a result of attempting to cheat?

So why the penalty!!!!

As a fan i'm tired of the tall poppy syndrome around DJRTP, everyone is out to get them and nothing will go unreported.

Ian, the "rollcage" issue Ryan W was referring to was anti roll bar mounting points.

First i've heard of it too.

Anyway congratulations Scott! but shitty way to have your tittle clouded.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (11th November 2019),Randel (11th November 2019),WASP (11th November 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

Anyway congratulations Scott! but shitty way to have your tittle clouded.
    I hope DJR can find a way to dominate Newcastle and win by enough that the championship(s) are undeniably thiers.

Then Supercars can go f*ck themselves.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

2019 supercars discussion. May contain spoilers.

How anyone can support these findings are beyond me.
    Even on the radio this morning triple m headline was “Scotty caught cheating”, and then they were gonna have Lowndes on to discuss scottys cheating.
    I was hoping (obviously pointlessly) that Lowndes was gonna turn around and say it was only three valves that’s had an ants ballsack worth of extra lift, and really is a technical breach and nothing more.
    But no, he towed the party line like a good employee and went on about how it’s a bad look for the sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Futura (11th November 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    How anyone can support these findings are beyond me.
    Even on the radio this morning triple m headline was “Scotty caught cheating”, and then they were gonna have Lowndes on to discuss scottys cheating.
    I was hoping (obviously pointlessly) that Lowndes was gonna turn around and say it was only three valves that’s had an ants ballsack worth of extra lift, and really is a technical breach and nothing more.
    But no, he towed the party line like a good employee and went on about how it’s a bad look for the sport.
    Well he's right.

Its a terrible look for the sport.

From the timing of the press release to the way it was presented.

Horrible look for the sport.

Supercars can't blame DJRTP for either of those situations though, they're totally complicit in their own conduct here.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (11th November 2019)

Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 LastLast