Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 Season

yer I'm struggling.
    MB are in another league we all know that but FFS......
    Ferrari keep shooting themselves in the foot every single session/race.
    I just don't get it with all the resource they have.
    Binotto's reign will be short lived me think.
    CLC was screwed by the team not getting out of Q1, like fuck me get the kid back out there to back up his time !
    Pettel was near on out as well but with 90sec remaining fresh rubber he tops the times on last flying lap.
    This was Ferrari saving face by the skin of their teeth !
    CLC starts 16th or something.
    So the kid is aggressive from the get go hoping to get up the order, problem its Monaco.
    Dives in on a good move picks up a spot, this gives him more confidence, what happens trouble doing similar again clips the guard rail with his right rear, slow puncture, as happens getting back to the pits tyre shredding apart breaks up the under body.
    He's gone - WTF wouldn't his Engineer after the first over take tell him to settle for a mo, wait for better holes.
    Fuck its fucked.
    We got Brat up front whinging about his tyres not lasting, so he's driving at a controlled pace.
    Of all places Monaco that condense's the field not even Max in 2nd can real him him, he's tailing him but can't get close enough.
    The mb is that good, its down force and power no one can get on them.
    Look the mid packs were good, I really liked Sainz got up well P6.
    Torros done good.
    Dan, well at least he qualied well enough and finished, ahead of his team mate, he got him covered now it seems.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

What did we think of the Seb penalty?

And the chances of being over turned via appeal?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

Absolute bullshit penalty.

Surely if you exit the circuit you can re-enter and race for position.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

I think he deserved it. When "Crofty" did the frame by frame, in the post race show, it was clear by the time Seb had settled the car he was mid way across the track and Lewis could have gone around the outside but he then opened the steering to run it wide and block Lewis. And Lewis had to brake to avoid a collision. So to my mind it was fair.

His appeal chances are 60/40 as in more likely to get off.

I know Lewis is a pratt and easy to dislike, but I'm cheering him on every weekend. Because "Never forget Multi 21". Well I work backwards. Drivers I dislike in order Least like to most. Vettel, Verstakken, Hamilton, everbody else, Kimi, Danny Ric. This may (probably does) colour my judgement.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

CATXR8 (11th June 2019)

here's MW's recent tweet :
    "Any of the stewards ever raced at the front in F1? Didn't watch the race.. have now seen the 'incident'. Mental penalty," tweeted former F1 driver Mark Webber.

Sorry mate your judgement is clouded Elks.
    That was BS !
    That short chicane section at speed HTF can you rejoin in an orderly manner and its not a wide part of the track.
    Bratt stayed back more so to avoid any contact he had NO outside room to take advantage and that was the smart call on his count, yep pettel twitched his wheel right to left to balance it once on the track, with a barrier on the right its all too close for both under the circumstance.
    A racing incident imo - were getting to the point that an error has to be punished.
    Correct when there is obvious wrong doing/bad sportsmen ship yaddayadda but getting back on the track in one piece at speed from grass that spits you across with no mishap come on.

Thing is no contact happened and nobody went off as a result.

Play on, nothing to see here.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

correct.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Sorry mate your judgement is clouded Elks.
    That was BS !
    100% If It was LeClerc I would have been cheering for him.

Hamilton had the pace late in the day, he should have turned the thing up to quali mode and removed all doubt. It was his pressure that caused Pettle to make an error. Again.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

I am on the fence with this.

Its not a dangerous re entry but its a similar situation to making a mistake and then blocking the run. You have exceeded track limits which while not as obvious as what happened to scotty there is the question of advantage.

I think when you have to brake as hard as Lewis did, when you come back on from making a self induced mistake you forfeit the right to compete via a block.

Lets put it another way. Had Lewis not braked and contact was made that's a penalty to Seb.

Not sure when you make the mistakes Seb is making he deserves protection either.

The moral to the story is don't stuff up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Perko (13th June 2019)

Sebs hearing dismissed.

Dan hit with 2 5 second penalties for last lap attempts to save processional French GP.

Track limits and safety rejoin issues

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast