Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Mustang specials on the way.

Well its good news that other specials are in the pipeline.
    That will get my interest so we shall wait and see 350 or not.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

flappist (11th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Well its good news that other specials are in the pipeline.
    That will get my interest so we shall wait and see 350 or not.
    Yep, I sure hope that I am wrong.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I am fully aware of that Shelby's numbers are low volume in comparison to mainstream sales of other Mustang variants. You are questioning my logic, while also suggesting the value and risks associated with purchasing a bespoke developed Tickford iteration of a Mustang GT sold in micro volumes would make more sense than a factory based Shelby made in the thousands. That makes no sense to me, even if we assume they are priced the same $140-150k)

In relation to the engineering cost required for RHD markets comparing a Porsche GT3 to a Shelby is like apples verse oranges. Porsche's objective as a company is not make their cars accessible to 'all' people, however, that purpose is ingrained into Ford's DNA. If they can’t make a Mustang variant accessible to their blue and white collar market then they won’t do it. Period. That is most likely why we don’t have one here now. The only exception to this rule in their history has been the Ford GT which was basically purpose built for racing.

The GT500 has traditionally sold in slightly higher numbers (than the GT350) in the US so my hope is that it is sufficient enough to build a business case around making the new Shelby GT500 a globally engineered variant and therefore accessible (i.e. affordable) to Ford enthusiasts across the globe.
    I think it's too late for this Generation of GT350/500, the engineering is finished. They won't be coming here unfortunately.

There's hope for S650 though...

BMW/MB etc freely admit their pricing is somewhat predatory, "we price it where we think the market will bare"

They're lifestyle and image based brands, where the price tag is part of the theatre.

Remember what BMW did with the M3 when C63s was released and M3 sales literally died over night? They dropped the price 10k to try to entice buyers, they wouldnt be selling them at a loss either.

That said....

Piss off LCT and something like a C63 would be instantly 25K cheaper.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th January 2019),Randel (11th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Yep, I sure hope that I am wrong.
    It's ok, we're used to it.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    It's ok, we're used to it.
    Well you would be, you are almost always wrong. :P
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

hehe you 2.

yer the LCT is biatch.
    Then when talking triple figure for a GT350/500 even more I'd be in a M3/C/E63 straight away bugga the Pony.
    In saying that, as long as these specials arn't ala stripe cosmetic glitter sell ups I'll be looking at them.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (11th January 2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123