Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Mustang specials on the way.

More Mustang specials on the way.

https://www.motoring.com.au/ford-mus...F9cX4UAbguI8NY

Following Bullitt’s local success, more limited editions of iconic pony car galloping into Australia

Stand by for a steady diet of Ford Mustang limited editions as the blue oval looks to shore up the sales momentum of the iconic coupe in Australia.

Excited by the impact of the limited edition Mustang Bullitt and with a Supercars racing program about to roar into action, Ford intends launching a series of short-runs of both the Mustang coupe and convertible.

“We have broad plans for Mustang in terms of where we are going to take that product; limited editions we will bring in over time; where we are going to take that product and that’s all built around that Supercar plan,” Ford marketing chef Danni Winter confirmed
    More info at link.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Well that is interesting

How about a Mustang GT-P with the 400kw engine upgrade and better suspension/brakes
    Or a Mustang GT-H with a supercharger

And of course make sure there is a "no stupid fucking boy racer stripes, decals and black roof" option for all the people who do not live is some sort of retro muscle car fantasy.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Well that is interesting

How about a Mustang GT-P with the 400kw engine upgrade and better suspension/brakes
    Or a Mustang GT-H with a supercharger

And of course make sure there is a "no stupid fucking boy racer stripes, decals and black roof" option for all the people who do not live is some sort of retro muscle car fantasy.
    Yet the Mustangs were saved with the Retro styling.

But I agree hopefully they're actual specials and not stripe kits.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Yet the Mustangs were saved with the Retro styling.

But I agree hopefully they're actual specials and not stripe kits.
    Lets also hope they're dedicated models, not just dealer fit/retro fit kits.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

flappist (11th January 2019),FTe217 (11th January 2019)

Australia does not want specials, we have plenty of aftermarket options.

What we really want is factory Shelby cars (GT350/GT500) to be made in RHD and available to the Australia market.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th January 2019),Randel (11th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Australia does not want specials, we have plenty of aftermarket options.

What we really want is factory Shelby cars (GT350/GT500) to be made in RHD and available to the Australia market.
    Do we?

A screaming N/A V8 that is manual trans only, full of bespoke parts that are not in any other model and will be at least $150k.

How many do you really think will sell?

I know if I were going to spend $150k on a performance car in Australia the are a lot of faster better handling options.
    Apart from that the minute that a factory 350 is tested against a Tickford S/C Mustang in Wheels/Motor, particularly if the Tickford is a 10 speed it will not be pretty.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

A GT 350 or even GT500 (when it launches) would not retail as a $150k + car if it was offered by the factory for RHD markets. Given a GT350 is about $53k USD, a factory RHD version would retail I suspect for under 100k here. That is close to HSV Camaro money for what is arguably a superior package and would also have much better resale prospects.

The Tickford supercharged LE models based on the GT well exceed $100k now. While they would be faster and more powerful than a GT350 I know which one I would prefer. It's a no brianer really. The GT500, should it make its way here would be much more desirable, more collectable and most likely a much better car than anything aftermarket can put together that is ADR compliant.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th January 2019),FTe217 (11th January 2019)

The biggest hurdle with pricing is LCT, it rapidly compounds the drive away price beyond reasonable.

That is true Norm, however, I don't suspect if that would stop too many would be the owners. Those Shelby models would mostly only arrive in limited numbers and like the Bullit would probably be snapped up before they even landed.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    A GT 350 or even GT500 (when it launches) would not retail as a $150k + car if it was offered by the factory for RHD markets. Given a GT350 is about $53k USD, a factory RHD version would retail I suspect for under 100k here. That is close to HSV Camaro money for what is arguably a superior package and would also have much better resale prospects.

The Tickford supercharged LE models based on the GT well exceed $100k now. While they would be faster and more powerful than a GT350 I know which one I would prefer. It's a no brianer really. The GT500, should it make its way here would be much more desirable, more collectable and most likely a much better car than anything aftermarket can put together that is ADR compliant.
    really?

According to Ford they are $59k https://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/#/select/ for the entry level one with no options and the GT is 39k for the premium model then if there were no extra expenses the basic 350, not 350R would be 1.5 times the price of the Australian mustang which is currently discounted to $70k so that is $105k.
    Then there is LCT which is 33% on the amount over the local price e.g. another $12k so we are well over $100k already.

Then as it is a bespoke model there will have to be a lot of testing and parts held which all costs money and Ford will not be the ones paying for it.
    A velocitatem terram

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast