Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking GT500 news

Breaking GT500 news

History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Futura (14th January 2019),Randel (14th January 2019)

Whoops!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Oh wow. 7 Speed dual clutch and one piece carbon drive shaft from the Ford GT, and its auto only. I didn't see that coming. This car will keep the GT350 relevant as the one you'll want to own for the manual option. For those that like dragstrip type performance this is going to be an absolute cracker.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

flappist (14th January 2019),Futura (14th January 2019),Randel (14th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Oh wow. 7 Speed dual clutch and one piece carbon drive shaft from the Ford GT, and its auto only. I didn't see that coming. This car will keep the GT350 relevant as the one you'll want to own for the manual option. For those that like dragstrip type performance this is going to be an absolute cracker.
    The 7 speed PDK is directly from the Ford GT, and its a big step forward with this kind of vehicle IMO.

A manual trans with dual clutches to give it Auto drivability.

It will make a fantastic track weapon too thanks to not having a torque converter.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (14th January 2019)

So this also confirms (sort of) that the GT500 will retain the MY17 front and rear, but move to the more modern MY18 styling.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th January 2019)

Will be a very interesting vehicle.

I wonder what would happen if they made one that had the Ford GT engine as well.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Will be a very interesting vehicle.

I wonder what would happen if they made one that had the Ford GT engine as well.
    Maybe they'll do a GT400 to sit between the 350 and 500....

If you listen to CEO Jimmy Hackett recently talk about the Mustang's future he's emphatic about 2 things.

i'll let you guess both of them...

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Maybe they'll do a GT400 to sit between the 350 and 500....

If you listen to CEO Jimmy Hackett recently talk about the Mustang's future he's emphatic about 2 things.

i'll let you guess both of them...
    Yep, the next few years will be interesting.
    I wonder when the first "electric assist" drives will be fitted to a RWD or FWD vehicle to supply power to the other end only when needed.
    This will have the advantages of electric motors without the battery issues.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Yep, the next few years will be interesting.
    I wonder when the first "electric assist" drives will be fitted to a RWD or FWD vehicle to supply power to the other end only when needed.
    This will have the advantages of electric motors without the battery issues.
    Mach 1 will be the EV Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Mach 1 will be the EV Mustang.
    Trying to get the California market back
    It will be interesting to see how well it sells.
    A velocitatem terram

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast