Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged mustangs back on the agenda for Ford Australia

I wouldn't take a wheelbarrow to be tuned to Herrod so that is me out as well.

I dont like the way he conducts business. I dont like the way he throws stones in a semi business private relationship. I dont like the dilution of hats he wears and finally there is a gulf between him and the understanding that's required to be passed off as factory anything.

Happy to expand on any of those points if required.

Now that is said, have Ford done the right thing in exploring a supercharger option for mustang?

In my opinion no.

I see this endeavour as offering the market an excuse to stand still. What's required is constant model evolution to entice loyalty return custom.

Resale and asking price are currently impediments and then there is the model delay to our shores.

Ford have to get real here. They have to get on the global product bandwagon.

Just imagine if Samsung or apple delayed their latest smart phones by a similar margin as to what we see with Ford.

As much as I hate to admit this, the final version of FPV was the best version. Partnerships didnt really work too well or certainly not as well as the last offering did.

If its factory it is factory.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (12th February 2019),Futura (12th February 2019),Randel (12th February 2019)

Just a point. I might be guilty here of setting this off on the wrong path.

There are two parts to this.

One is a stand alone model which looks set to include Herrod that may or may not be sold through all dealerships or perhaps herrod friendly dealerships.

Dont get side tracked by my assumption that THAT part is doing an end run around some pretty serious requirements in the market.

The point of focus needs to be that there is also a dealer for option. For that to occur there does need to be a genuine solution to the issues with adr.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (12th February 2019)

Really can't see this relationship succeeding. Ford can sugar coat as much as they like, but it will never be factory.

I will not be buying a new Ford mustang unless if it is a factory RHD Shelby GT350 or similar.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (12th February 2019)

If I was Ford, I would team up with premcar and not Herrod for a supercharger option. Premcar know more about OEM quality and durability than Herrod the aftermarket workshop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (12th February 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Really can't see this relationship succeeding. Ford can sugar coat as much as they like, but it will never be factory.

I will not be buying a new Ford mustang unless if it is a factory RHD Shelby GT350 or similar.
    This.

I don’t know what’s more effective in convincing the powers that are, this needs addressing.

When we talk about LE and I will break my own rule and mention Tickford here, the theme they use is always under attack.

Anything short of GT350 or GT500 is going to be just that. Short.

Could teaming up with Herrod or someone cement a case to say to Detroit, look here is the proof.
    Maybe.

I would argue they don’t actually need that and by being active it might delay focus and motivation to go totally RHD.

This is a departure from what I have said previously I know.

I do think Ford have missed an opportunity to be proactive themselves, I say that with respect to working within the circle they had and to build from Sprint. There is my agenda here.

That’s what I value and I found by doing some prelim work for premcar on HG there is very high acceptance of who they are and what they have achieved. I am not sure why any wheel needs to be invented here and without putting words in Maurice’s mouth, I think you have all seen the stouches we have had on aftermarket, supporting a preference for who ford partner with is not hypocritical.

There is a distinction in this.

But to the point. The message from me is clear.

The LE cars that interest me are the Shelby’s

I do differ from Future in as much that I would absolutely have a GT as a daily in a heart beat.

My message to Ford is simple. Get me access to the real thing. As much as I thought there was a chance to create our own identity with a LE version, I just don’t think it will translate out if it’s not genuine factory.

This is important to me and I believe a good number of consumers.

This conversation needs to happen now.

Ok FP, give us a time line for access to Shelby’s.

Next step down, send a team of Aussies to Detroit to work directly with mustang team to generate a limited edition exclusively for Australia. Import it as a turn key product from the states.

Use premcar.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Futura (13th February 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    I wouldn't take a wheelbarrow to be tuned to Herrod so that is me out as well.

I dont like the way he conducts business. I dont like the way he throws stones in a semi business private relationship. I dont like the dilution of hats he wears and finally there is a gulf between him and the understanding that's required to be passed off as factory anything.

Happy to expand on any of those points if required.

Now that is said, have Ford done the right thing in exploring a supercharger option for mustang?

In my opinion no.

I see this endeavour as offering the market an excuse to stand still. What's required is constant model evolution to entice loyalty return custom.

Resale and asking price are currently impediments and then there is the model delay to our shores.

Ford have to get real here. They have to get on the global product bandwagon.

Just imagine if Samsung or apple delayed their latest smart phones by a similar margin as to what we see with Ford.

As much as I hate to admit this, the final version of FPV was the best version. Partnerships didnt really work too well or certainly not as well as the last offering did.

If its factory it is factory.

While I have to exercise some discretion here I understand the concern and reservations.

You know I have had my fair share of bad experiences eith those operating in the aftermarket industry. I also agree that using a commercial partnership model to capitalize on niche market products isn’t ideal. It presents business / product / service continuity challenges and there are consequences to this that may not favour the end consumer.

The way I look at it is if I want a Mustang that is ‘more special’ than factory, the only way it’s going to happen at this current time is to make changes myself, work with an aftermarket vendor directly or go through that same channel via a Ford supported program. I have experience using all of those approaches in the past and by far using the Ford supported program has yielded the best outcome.

The ideal outcome is always going to be how the vehicle rolls off the assembly line. I would choose a LE factory model (like the Bullit ) over a standard GT car that has been enhanced by the dealer if that is a choice, but, if there wasn’t a LE on offer then we are back to square one.

Fortunately for us, the standard GT Mustang is just that good that it diminishes the motivation to take significant risks with additional performance enhancements. If I did, I am willing to put my faith in Ford that whomever they choose to make the enhancements will do so in their care.

In my case being in SA, I would have thought it would be unlikely to be Herrod other than in their capacity of a distributor but I could be wrong. Either way, I would be seeking reassurance from Ford that at no point would I have to deal direct with their commercial partners while the car is within warranty. Given all parts are coming from FP they would be available to purchase directly from the US should one be inclined.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Mustang has brought new levels of acceptance to the aftermarket because there is no special or LE in dealerships and Ford US via FP encourage the aftermarket..

As it currently stands with MY19 you're taking a leap of faith to do much more than a set of wheels/tyres, suspension tweak and maybe a mild tune.

The Exhaust is bloody good stock.

Im very skeptical about Supercharging a MY19, irrespective of who's kit it is, or who fits it.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Buy a car as fast as you can afford and leave it the Fuck alone !

Car advice 101 from the Dazzler

Peace out Daz
    Thank you Ford for the memories

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (13th February 2019),dash gt (13th February 2019),HSE2 (14th February 2019),Randel (14th February 2019)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 13726548 View Post
    Buy a car as fast as you can afford and leave it the Fuck alone !

Car advice 101 from the Dazzler

Peace out Daz
    This ^^^

Everytime I've had a car tuned or modified its ended up with regret.

I would have thought Tickford or Prodrive would have been the logical answer to this issue....

I feel it will end up being a short term deal that will probably fall on its head.
    2017.5 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM DIESEL
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

13726548 (13th February 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    This ^^^

Everytime I've had a car tuned or modified its ended up with regret.

I would have thought Tickford or Prodrive would have been the logical answer to this issue....

I feel it will end up being a short term deal that will probably fall on its head.
    I have to agree with the missed opportunity with aligning with Tickford or Premcar. Given what is happening with Mustang in the Supercars I would have thought a joint venture with Tickford would have been perfect. It would have also made for a good platform to play out a HSV Camaro vs Tickford Mustang senario in 2020.

When it comes to modifying a newish car what alot of people I meet often fail to take into account is whatever they modify on a car will also introduce a compromise to the orginal intent of the vehicles design. If you go into it both knowing, and accepting that compromise will occur then its much easier to gain enjoyment from what you have done. If you approach the modofication with a mindset that nothing else will change (apart from what you modified) then you are setting yourself up for dissapointment, or having to make further modifications to achieve a more satisfactory outcome.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (13th February 2019)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast