Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged mustangs back on the agenda for Ford Australia

Ford are incredibly risk adverse when it comes to expanding performance product ranges.

This will be a painful process watching them crawl from Dealer fit to eventually a stand alone LE Special.

This step is a necessary toe in the water but its frustrating to watch.

Mustang has been in showrooms now exactly 3 years, sales peaked last year at around 600 a month.

But they've tapered off now to a more realistic 300 a month.

If we look at the history of coupe sales in Australia its rather telling...

What Ford do from here is incredibly important.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I understand your point, but again I appreciate Ford in Australia is trying to give Mustang buyers a performance escalation point that is manufacture supported at some level, rather than doing nothing considering we are not getting the GT350/500 models we grave for. Unlike if you handled thise type of modifications yourself, the dealer would handle everything. You just order what you want and come and collect it when it is ready. You can even take delivery as a stock new car and drive it for a while and then get your dealer to fit the options after. If something goes wrong you take it back to the dealer to sort out.

Like I mentioned before, I would just want to drive and find out what a supercharged version was like before buying it. The last one as mentioned wasn't well sorted.
    Colville, appreciate all you like but there are times you just got to say no and this is one of them no matter how Blue one can be.
    No matter how long Herrod has been a consultant, even back to Marsden days I don't see this professional enough in the first place.
    I'd sooner they do nothing than going through a back door that might I add over the decades the OE's have panned/belittled/tried to close down/dis credit, the Aftermarket that is BUT wait now this is OK ??????? this is amateur hour at its best for a OE company, you have got to be kidding.
    Oh but its ok, its Mustang I'm grateful and Herrod is a FP Distributer, what a joke.
    Obviously Herrod went back and forth to sew up the FP Distribution some time ago, good luck to him But FoA should have the balls go through the hoops and reinstate Premcar, that ticks all the box's regards a good and proper OE package and that would tick sales back up far better than this with better buyer confidence.

+* 4Vman your quote Ford are incredibly risk adverse when it comes to expanding performance product ranges has been blown out of the water going this direction no ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th February 2019)

I will get some info from Pete from Mufflers to the max...

He has a whipple on his 5.0 and it makes 800hp and is an absolute weapon !!

Havnt felt a stick shift rush like that since Corey Hamilton had a kennel belle on his boss xr8 ute ...

Peace out Daz
    Thank you Ford for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    +* 4Vman your quote Ford are incredibly risk adverse when it comes to expanding performance product ranges has been blown out of the water going this direction no ?
    Ford management at the top are slow learners/adopters.....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Colville, appreciate all you like but there are times you just got to say no and this is one of them no matter how Blue one can be.
    No matter how long Herrod has been a consultant, even back to Marsden days I don't see this professional enough in the first place.
    I'd sooner they do nothing than going through a back door that might I add over the decades the OE's have panned/belittled/tried to close down/dis credit, the Aftermarket that is BUT wait now this is OK ??????? this is amateur hour at its best for a OE company, you have got to be kidding.
    Oh but its ok, its Mustang I'm grateful and Herrod is a FP Distributer, what a joke.
    Obviously Herrod went back and forth to sew up the FP Distribution some time ago, good luck to him But FoA should have the balls go through the hoops and reinstate Premcar, that ticks all the box's regards a good and proper OE package and that would tick sales back up far better than this with better buyer confidence.

Maurie, you can think whatever you want, but just because you have no confidence in a mob like Herrod doesnt mean the whole of Australia needs to miss out on a factory supported supercharged option. Lets face it, we are taking about a car that you had admitted to having no interest in, or you are not likley to consider one in the forseeable future. I'm not saying you cant have an opinion on the subject but then again I dont think you are the audience Ford are trying to appeal to either.

The reason FOA cant get passed this ADR compliance thing is they are held to a different standard that the aftermarket. Should they push through this barrier their offering would not be as competitive as what is already out there which risks ROI. Sounds like they have elected to pursue a new pathway that a gives their consumer what they want without compromising the end result. Unlike the FoA of the past they are taking on the risk so the consumer doesnt have to, or deal direct with the aftermarket side of things. Nothing about that sounds 'amateur hour' to me. Do you honestly think FOA will just authorise dealers to send their customers new Mustang to external suppliers without holding them to accout and the same standards they would expect of themselves?

And.. what's with this sarcastic 'Oh but its ok, its Mustang' comment all about. LOL, You have a crack at me?
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Agree Col, In this instance Ford are using tbe different compliance standards to their advantage.

I told myself that I'd stop winding Maurie up. But this can't be passed up. Mr Aftermarket himself who says there are no issues changing oem calibrated wheel/tyre/brake/suspension packages then says he won't entrust Herrods to fit a Ford Performance kit - which is developed by the oem's performance arm. And wants something developed to oem standards by premcar?

Oh lordy.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th February 2019),WASP (12th February 2019)

Hahahahaha!!!

What is this pick on Maurice day ??

Peace out Daz
    Thank you Ford for the memories

Please...

It’s like shooting fish in a Barrel

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast