Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Supercharged mustangs back on the agenda for Ford Australia

Given the hype around the Premcar Holly grail i'd really like to see Miami 2.0 with the HG inlet manifold and intercooler find its way into the mustang as a dedicated model/LE.

It would require the engine coming out and decompression pistons fitted, but the end result with the Harrop TVS 1900 fitted would be around 480kw and OEM manners.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    I think the point is that it's not Herrod who is developing these packages. Ford Performance have designed built and certified these products. Herrod are fitting what is sold elsewhere as a bolt on kit.

As soon as we go beyond that point and to the design and development of those kits, absolutely give me the involvement of a Premcar style organisation.

For fitment of a package that's already had some form of oem development and certification sign off, then I don't see the reason for the anti Herrod sentiment, we're talking about something most mechanically minded enthusiasts would be able to pull off given the time and inclination to do so.
    Your still no hearing me.
    Countless approved engine kits/packages have been fitted by the Aftermarket for yonks, be it an OES brand ala FP lets say and other brands that were all OEM approved in their other brands.
    There is still fitment problems/issues/neglect/oh John forgot that bolt/then the tuning etcetcetc......
    I get it when its a tuner workshop having alliance with X performance kit suppliers as its been going on for decades But a Ford approved one relying on a operation as such through their Dealers is a recipe for some of those bad build threads we've seen and even being a fitment kit.
    Like I said, buying a new one or not - IF I was I wouldn't be going down this path one bit thats my choice, would have I bought my Sprint IF it was Herrod fitted with this or that ? NO.
    Ian wouldn't take his wheel barrow say no more.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I get it, to me it comes down to you play, you pay. It's why nothing I've had has been modified. If I want certainty of warranty or workmanship being covered - then leave it stock and take your chances with the apprentices at the dealership.

Kinda like Daz said the other day, buy the fastest bit of kit you can afford and live with it as is. Don't try turn a Fiesta into a GT and expect it to be cheap, comfortable or reliable.

Agree that this Mustang offering will blur the lines, you're buying a vehicle from the showroom and unless you're into the finer details like we are and know exactly how it came to be, you expect the certainty of approaching it as if it's a stock car with warranty and oem workmanship.

Unlike yourself, I'm closer to being in the Mustang market than being outside it. Would I opt for one of these offerings? I'll need to see the fine print before I would commit. Would I go for a Mustang Holy Grail equivalent? Yes but that's more because I've got a greater understanding of the standards it has been completed to as there is more history to go by than an unconfirmed rumor from a motoring hack so there's no need to scrutinise any fine print.

In the end we're just as likely to get nothing as we are to get something we've been down this road before in the AU days and it never really turned into much of anything

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

In the end I do hope nothing occurs, Factory is Factory thats where I'm at when buying new.
    Hopefully one day FoA can get over the line a suitable/approved Aussie PP1 or 2 pack OR some sort of other Aussie spec'd model/s for our market made over there OR align themselves with more reputable companies as mentioned.
    You never know, I could do a complete Uturn and buy one tomorrow,next week, I have quoted I'll look into a manual one day - as long as that ticking engine noise get resolved - maybe Herrods kit re fit will correct it
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Donut King (Yesterday)

Ticking engine noise?

If you want a manual i reckon you've got 3 years......
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567