Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Holy grail media reaction thread

I also like the fact they are sticking up for themselves.

I wonder how long before the aftermarket kick back!
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

That is an interesting point Ian. Is the HG realistically a threat to the various aftermarket offering? Given the points of difference, price point and limited numbers of the HG available one could argue that there is enough difference to makes things hardly comparable.

If you are still weighing up the merits of the two choices by nothing more than components, output and cost then the aftermarket is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    I also like the fact they are sticking up for themselves.

I wonder how long before the aftermarket kick back!
    KPM are tooling up for flame deflectors lol
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    That is an interesting point Ian. Is the HG realistically a threat to the various aftermarket offering? Given the points of difference, price point and limited numbers of the HG available one could argue that there is enough difference to makes things hardly comparable.

If you are still weighing up the merits of the two choices by nothing more than components, output and cost then the aftermarket is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. I don’t believe the two are comparable or a threat. But at the same time Premcar have entered a space dominated by the aftermarket and as such have set the tone via expectation for the dollars.

It’s now very hard for someone to come in and ask 25k for a very modest return compared to aftermarket.

I think we all get that, but to explain it you effectively are saying the aftermarket has been doing things a different way. Not an incorrect way just different.

If this wasn’t available my car would remain stock. There is no choice for me.

My car goes on the dyno next week for a pre calibration run to establish where it’s at.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Elks (15th March 2019),FTe217 (15th March 2019),Futura (18th March 2019),WASP (15th March 2019)

All the best mate, I'm excited for you......

The crap I'm seeing on the ol website is amusing.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    All the best mate, I'm excited for you......

The crap I'm seeing on the ol website is amusing.
    I have litterally just finished reading some of the comments from experts like Aaronm, asagaai etc ..

FML how do these morons pass a drivers license test?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (15th March 2019)

Mate your telling me.
    You obviously saw some of my counter posts but I didn't wish to push I knew far more let alone slam them well but I just had it trying to get through these mugs.
    This carries over on the thread about social media etc, I can see why more and more people lose the plot.
    My mind process thinking, you know what, feck these idiots and my closing last words, I'm out of here.
    Won't effect me in the end but I tell you - the wonders of social media, it will cause massive more harm in the future than good.
    My poor kids and on.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th March 2019)

I agree. I don’t believe the two are comparable or a threat. But at the same time Premcar have entered a space dominated by the aftermarket and as such have set the tone via expectation for the dollars. .
    The limited volumes means that this isn't a threat to the aftermarket. It also means that a Premcar tuned car could become quite collectible.

If this wasn’t available my car would remain stock. There is no choice for me. .
    In my opinion it still is. In the same way Tickford/FPV "P" cars are still stock. Yes they have been altered but by the factory

My car goes on the dyno next week for a pre calibration run to establish where it’s at.
    You must be very excited. I know I would be.

I hope you have time for a coffee and a show off of this thing when you pick it up. No, I don't want to drive it. I could never forgive myself if I hurt it.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

As part of our deep dive into Holy Grail, we thought we'd bring you a look from the underside - that's just as important as the bits up top! A significant investment has gone on down here .. the stainless exhaust is from an FPV supplier (we used) to factory OEM specification. We were very specific with our targeted sound, given we have ADR as a boundary we worked really hard to deliver the best sounding Falcon (derivative) ... ever! Stainless (3") delivers a fantastic resonance, that's a big part of the great sound ... the re-programming of the PCM has a huge impact. PCM programming allows us more width/depth with the sound curve (graph - lower right) that translates into awesome old school V8 rumble with a nice touch of overrun, very cool. You can't do this unless you know your apples and access to the PCM programming! Beyond that, more (under the car) soundproofing to ensure tasteful cabin sound - we've retained your 'old' exhaust tips to maintain 'factory look' More under car secrets early next week.
    Cheers,
    The Premcar Holy Grail crew

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Elks (15th March 2019),FTe217 (15th March 2019),WASP (15th March 2019)

Interesting comments in relation to aftermarket threat.

I guess Premcar have felt the need to defend and explain and rightly so. In fact I think overall they have been a little slow on this aspect.

Perhaps involving a social media outlet in the release would have been beneficial because I really think Norms work in Facebook groups made a difference with Sprint.

I look at it like this.

If I were already aftermarket and on reading what Premcar have said, my question to my Worksop would be please explain.

So in terms of threat, I think it forces this perspective.

Aftermarket response to Premcar.

It’s not that we don’t have the knowledge or we can’t get it, rather than if we did we would price ourselves out of the market because you the consumer won’t pay for it.

That then resets the value equation because it’s truely getting results that’s driven by cost rather than what’s best.

Or good enough. If the customer walks out happy then it’s job done.

There isn’t really anything wrong with that either just it appeals to a very different consumer mindset.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Futura (18th March 2019)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast