Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Supercars silly season. Caution, may contain heart break.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    Has it ever been mentioned Frosty was on a deal longer than 1 year? I reckon he's jumped ruined his legacy and is about to find out that Charlie doesn't have the patience to wait for the planets to align
    Frosty has spoken in singular terms.

I think a lot has been invested in 1 year to see how they go.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Frosty has spoken in singular terms.

I think a lot has been invested in 1 year to see how they go.
    So the question becomes does the rockstar accept the return on investment if the results stay as they have been so far?

Realistically are the results likely to improve?

Given that last year they turfed a signed co driver before they even drove the car outside of codriver practise sessions and installed someone else, will Frosty get any more leeway? Especially if the T8 mothership continues to qualify +10-15 positions on the grid.

The experiences of Mr Perkins, Mr Davison and Mr Brabham suggest that Frosty may soon get a more serious tap on the shoulder than the one recieved from Ms Crehan during the Perth telecast.

Can't see Courtney wanting to hang up the Helmet just yet, but also can't see too many vacancies for him on the grid other than perhaps an headline grabbing attempt to reignite the magic of 2009/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    So the question becomes does the rockstar accept the return on investment if the results stay as they have been so far?

Realistically are the results likely to improve?

Given that last year they turfed a signed co driver before they even drove the car outside of codriver practise sessions and installed someone else, will Frosty get any more leeway? Especially if the T8 mothership continues to qualify +10-15 positions on the grid.

The experiences of Mr Perkins, Mr Davison and Mr Brabham suggest that Frosty may soon get a more serious tap on the shoulder than the one recieved from Ms Crehan during the Perth telecast.

Can't see Courtney wanting to hang up the Helmet just yet, but also can't see too many vacancies for him on the grid other than perhaps an headline grabbing attempt to reignite the magic of 2009/2010
    T8 made big steps forward from PI this weekend, especially compared to T18.

We know Frosty prefers his car a certain way and Keed at least has pulled him up on that and told him to relearn to drive.

The question i have is why were they so far away from the T8 car this weekend when previously they've all struggled (or done ok) together.

I can think of 2 reasons why that is, 1 will have Charlie knocking on Rolands door, the other exists between the pedals and steering wheel...

If they continue down a path that deviates from what T8 are doing and continue to struggle Mr Forklift is wasting his money aligning with T8 and he'll be gone by seasons end.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

WAU have promised BIG changes after this weekend, allegedly both drivers are gone at years end.

https://www.speedcafe.com/?p=445480&...dP7WF6M25CzMhc

Will take Chaz over Fabian in a heart. Chaz in a shell V mustang will be very interesting.

Frosty is no longer relevant in silly season.

Chaz out at Tickford dominated the talk in WA.

The only relevance frosty now has is in discussions on if history will repeat and we see a swap of chaz and fabs as we did Mark and Lee.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

T8 only improved due to resurface track n green tyres. Whincups fell away once tyres were used n giz couldn't pass him due to same problem. So I'd wait and see if t8 really are back on there game. Also saw article where t8 were only aiming for podium, hoping for 3rd but lucky to get second on Sunday so they regarded that as a win. Strange thinking for a team which think thay made huge step forward yet not have a car to fight for the lead. For a team that aims for a win every round settling for 2nd or 3rd says they managed to save tyres as they knew they couldn't fight until race n the rubber helped to maintain position. Frosty's car fell off a Cliff on Sunday n if the race went any longer so would of whincup n giz.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewforbes View Post
    T8 only improved due to resurface track n green tyres. Whincups fell away once tyres were used n giz couldn't pass him due to same problem. So I'd wait and see if t8 really are back on there game. Also saw article where t8 were only aiming for podium, hoping for 3rd but lucky to get second on Sunday so they regarded that as a win. Strange thinking for a team which think thay made huge step forward yet not have a car to fight for the lead. For a team that aims for a win every round settling for 2nd or 3rd says they managed to save tyres as they knew they couldn't fight until race n the rubber helped to maintain position. Frosty's car fell off a Cliff on Sunday n if the race went any longer so would of whincup n giz.
    Playing the safe game is a sign they're very concerned with tyre life, which as you say, they're relying heavily on the track surface..

Attacking could see a dnf or pit to replace dead tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Playing the safe game is a sign they're very concerned with tyre life, which as you say, they're relying heavily on the track surface..

Attacking could see a dnf or pit to replace dead tyres.
    They have been on the other end of this very same stick for most of the last decade, where there ability to launch out of corners planted gave them extra tyre life.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Well where do we start...

Lots of hot topics circulating about next season.

Holden rumoured to be sharing their support equally amongst the teams in favor of supporting T8.

Could Jamie be retiring at seasons end?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast