Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Supercars silly season. Caution, may contain heart break.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Two drivers come to mind
    Only one has form.....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (12th July 2019)

If this were real, would we not be hearing of more by now?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Out of contract Anton De Pasquale is not concerning himself with the silly season chat and is relying on manager Paul Morris to guide his 2020 future.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/12...ZqMUE_KhlveHXk
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (14th July 2019)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Smart move and stops him looking like a bit of a knob at this time of the year.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th July 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Smart move and stops him looking like a bit of a knob at this time of the year.
    Yes.

Its interesting watching the various players in these moves and the way they're managing their individual Media and Social Media interests.

Courtney Relishing the opportunity to be team mates with Chaz:

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...zedNo5WKm--GsM

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Courtney Relishing the opportunity to be team mates with Chaz:

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...zedNo5WKm--GsM
    This must be pissing Tim Edwards and Tickford off. If the deal is done announce it and let everyone move on. This can't be good for team morale or sponsors.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

Futura (17th July 2019)

This must be pissing Tim Edwards and Tickford off. If the deal is done announce it and let everyone move on. This can't be good for team morale or sponsors.
    The media are doing a great job, Tim would be rightfully pissed off.

It's one thing to target Chaz himself but with Courtney now buying into it things are going to the next level.

You'd have to think his comments impact the dynamics at WAU too, JC obviously is comfortable he's got a drive next year which means Pye probably knows he doesnt.

GRM on 2020:

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/17...-to-supercars/

GRM is yet to confirm plans for 2020 although in January it had confirmed a multi-year deal with new backer Boost Mobile and Stanaway although it appears the pair’s futures at the team could be at risk.
    So GRM have their best result for the season with a cameo fill in driver, but their Major Sponsor claims their woes are not the drivers but "inequality" between the small and big teams....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (17th July 2019)

Its pretty normal what is occuring in todays pro sport.
    All the sports I'm into more so football has this going on pre season obviously, mid season has transfer window open for a month and followed up just as the Chaz scenario ahead for the following season.......
    X football player is quoted to be romanced by X club and many times the players manager feeds the media as well then its a frenzy of speculation etcetc.....
    Supercars driver movements no different to me.
    Pro sport today has NO loyalty barring the very few exceptions and Club/Team owners know it, you just got to carry on with the season at hand, what unfolds is what it is and look over your back and work on next season as well.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast