Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 2020 Supercars silly season. Caution, may contain heart break.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    If you're close to your sponsors and have good dialogue with them you'll also be discussing this very issue.

They'll most likely have a position anywhere from "business as usual please" to "boot him now".

How much guidance TR take from those discussions will hinge around what involvement that sponsor has committed to for 2020 and what outstanding funds are yet to be seen....
    I agree but I don’t think it’s that simple.

If supercheap are going with Chaz, they will not allow any detrimental act. If their arrangement is such they will apply a breach of contact on Tickford.

If they are leaving the sport, potentially the same lack of interest in the teams present and long term issues.

Talking to them will probably allow you to nut out if you are also down a sponsor.

You definitely have this conversation.

If I am supercheap and I am thinking about staying I would have two concern.

1 are you saying Chaz is out of contention?
    2 we can win the enduro cup.

Then the biggy. We sponsor Bathurst, we want our best team at Bathurst to win it. We need that.

So too does the team just quietly.

So there is a lot of issues here and a lot of moving parts.

I think the most likely situation will be an isolation of Chaz and Adam to a degree.

The team need a good look at Tom. That starts at the enduros and depending on the points after that, if there are any questions over Tom, Tom sees out the year in the 55.

The main reason would be at the sponsor request. Something like we need to see top 5 potential in a Chaz replacement. Demonstrate you can give us that. If not, we out.

If the sponsor isn’t so results driven then that’s obviously different. Case in point Boost. A sponsor taking aim at a team. What just happened in F1.

Tickford need to work out what they can provide. FgX in D2 is a bit of an issue in working out what you have.

None of these circumstances are like what have come before.

When teams test for a driver signing they are looking for certain traits but you also need to work with the requirements of the sponsor. Monster are one of the biggest in this area. Supercheap are very very hands on with the car presentation.

It stands to reason they would be very active and vocal in this situation as well.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    I agree but I don’t think it’s that simple.

If supercheap are going with Chaz, they will not allow any detrimental act. If their arrangement is such they will apply a breach of contact on Tickford.

If they are leaving the sport, potentially the same lack of interest in the teams present and long term issues.

Talking to them will probably allow you to nut out if you are also down a sponsor.

You definitely have this conversation.

If I am supercheap and I am thinking about staying I would have two concern.

1 are you saying Chaz is out of contention?
    2 we can win the enduro cup.

Then the biggy. We sponsor Bathurst, we want our best team at Bathurst to win it. We need that.

So too does the team just quietly.

So there is a lot of issues here and a lot of moving parts.

I think the most likely situation will be an isolation of Chaz and Adam to a degree.

The team need a good look at Tom. That starts at the enduros and depending on the points after that, if there are any questions over Tom, Tom sees out the year in the 55.

The main reason would be at the sponsor request. Something like we need to see top 5 potential in a Chaz replacement. Demonstrate you can give us that. If not, we out.

If the sponsor isn’t so results driven then that’s obviously different. Case in point Boost. A sponsor taking aim at a team. What just happened in F1.

Tickford need to work out what they can provide. FgX in D2 is a bit of an issue in working out what you have.

None of these circumstances are like what have come before.

When teams test for a driver signing they are looking for certain traits but you also need to work with the requirements of the sponsor. Monster are one of the biggest in this area. Supercheap are very very hands on with the car presentation.

It stands to reason they would be very active and vocal in this situation as well.
    Yep, absolutely all that and more.

Also, the enduro's gives them a chance to pair Tom with Chaz too... If they win they keep a winner....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031