Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10 speed Auto goes into limp mode again

https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/...ormance-review

The Hennesey Mustang also overheated and there are some comments in this article from KPM Motorsport about it possibly being related to the right hand drive configuration.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to edchung2000 For This Useful Post:

WASP (11th July 2019)

What a joke. All that money and they haven't even got the headers right for a RHD conversion.

Very dissapionting.

Quote Originally Posted by edchung2000 View Post
    https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/...ormance-review

The Hennesey Mustang also overheated and there are some comments in this article from KPM Motorsport about it possibly being related to the right hand drive configuration.
    Exhaust manifold for RHD. Thought as much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    What a joke. All that money and they haven't even got the headers right for a RHD conversion.

Very dissapionting.
    I have tried to do some learning from US owners who also have the same issue. I am not convinced it’s just a header issue or even a cylinder head temp. I do agree it’s a cooling issue of some sort and that either more air or coolers are required especially with the Auto.

Heat dispersing seems to be weird. I didn’t notice the fans on ours come on at all and yet the heat coming from under the car, the smell from the engine was one of distress.

I have however had this feeling since our first drive. Remember we stored our stash of road trip lollies under the seats. They melted.
    I like to drive bare foot. You won’t notice it with shoes but that floor is getting hot. Way hotter than I would have thought to the point I was expecting articles of mustang fires. Thankfully wrong about that.

It’s probably a combination of a lot of small factors pushed over the edge by the auto working the engine harder.

While I am generally critical of the KPM engineering on the run, at least this time that’s a genuine change aimed at prevention.

My question is if they think this is a cooling strategy issue and also requires extra oil cooling, why send the car out with out it. Bigger fans, better air flow, upgraded coolers, heat shielding and so on.

This is the difference between Premcar and the rest.

Here is the thing. The stock car has this issue. Forced induction can’t make the siituation better unless you also address cooling. As far as I can see no one has.

At least now Tickford are in good company.

If I were the owner of that car, this is completely unacceptable. A test drive limited to 50kms and that happens!!! Further cars should have oil coolers installed. Yeah nah. Fix my car drop kick. Why was it sent out with fan activation like stock if you knew it would do that!

I mean come on.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Headers are not the issue.

Mr KPM is a fair way off the mark.

His roadside band-aide solution on what should have been a thoroughly R+D'd package is testimony to their philosophy's.

It would appear once again, the customer does the R+D....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10 speed Auto goes into limp mode again

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

His roadside band-aide solution on what should have been a thoroughly R+D'd package is testimony to their philosophy's.

While that may be true this issue does appear to be isolated to Australian delivered cars. It would be more than just the exhaust manifold but that certainly isnít helping. KPM dont apparently know either I doubt Ford would want to helpful towards them with this regard.

Ford do implement engine and drivetrain protection software that does this sort of thing in their cars, not just Mustang.

Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    While that may be true this issue does appear to be isolated to Australian delivered cars. It would be more than just the exhaust manifold but that certainly isn’t helping. KPM dont apparently know either I doubt Ford would want to helpful towards them with this regard.

Ford do implement engine and drivetrain protection software that does this sort of thing in their cars, not just Mustang.

Ford are aware of the issue.

They have also seen his comments....

The thing is it could be a combination of many things such as AU spec calibration, AU fuel, Trans temps, head temperatures and of course header location.

Once you tune or boost the car you magnify the environment for which creates the issue.

I think a large part of the issue resides with the trans tbh.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

Headers could be part of the issue. Anything that adds heat or prevents dissipation could be a contributing cause. Is it “the” silver bullet, no.

I think in general, from the messages received from US owners who track their cars, there is insufficient cooling occurring.

I would suggest looking at what Ford Performance have done with GT500 and focus in all the cooling changes introduced.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th July 2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234