Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla going flat as rivals charge

Tesla going flat as rivals charge

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news...6gWiZ_LJnEpLA0

Tesla have blown their market lead in the EV space and are going to be run-over by the big companies soon.

This was always going to happen to be honest.

They either need to sell or merge with a bigger automotive brand needing their tech or they'll be out of business in 5 years.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I agree that this was always going to happen.

When GM, Ford and Mercedes-Benz are struglling with volumes to maintain R&D investment, what chance does Tesla have.

But they will alway have a place in history as the game changer. The Company that proved it can be done. There cars are good but not perfect. Also expensive for what they are.

The thing is that Tesla has real divisions, 1, Auto 2. Batteries and Solar power for homes. I hope they can sell/JV the Auto section to keep the other going.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Apple or Microsoft could make an offer ? never know.
    TBH that likely red herring of Ford/GM partnership, wouldn't it be a good Ford move buying out Tesla lol.......
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Apple or Microsoft could make an offer ? never know.
    TBH that likely red herring of Ford/GM partnership, wouldn't it be a good Ford move buying out Tesla lol.......
    Neither are car manufacturers, Tesla needs to find a marriage with an auto giant to survive.

Ford are seen as lagging in the EV space, consuming Tesla wouldnt be a bad thing.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

defective (31st May 2019),FTe217 (31st May 2019)

Musk is a fuckwit who needs to keep his mouth shut. The removal of him, and installation of someone with a car manufacturing brain would be a step in the right direction.

Their cars are ambitious, but still have a heap of Mercedes bits in them (especially switchgear etc). Not very well built, and not great to look at. I think electric cars will push the car industry closer to the whitegoods/electronic industry, where the cars are designed and engineered by the brand, yet are assembled by contract in either China or India. China can make a decent refrigerator, and a good iPhone - I see this move as the next natural step in the industry.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

4Vman (31st May 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

Ford are seen as lagging in the EV space, consuming Tesla wouldnt be a bad thing.

Tesla Need to Split there business to make that happens 1. Tesla Auto, 2. Tesla Batteries & Solar 3. Tesla Dumb Shit (space X - Boring Machines etc) Ford could then make a bid for the Auto segment without getting into the others. As it stands the Market capitalization fo both companies is about the same $USD 43B. It varies from day to day of course. Ridiculous when you think about it. But that is more in line with where the market thinks they re both heading than where they are now.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (31st May 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Neither are car manufacturers, Tesla needs to find a marriage with an auto giant to survive.

I agree very much on the below sentence.

As for Apple/Micro, they could easily pouch many Auto Industry engineers/managers etc and make it work mind you.

Musk, yes a loose cannon.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Musk started strong but now holding on too tight with a company he does not know how to move forward. He made his money in IT, and was visionary with moving many things forward. However Musk knows nothing about manufacturing, so finding a partner makes sense.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Tesla n Ford might be a good combo.
    I was looking into Tesla n found few interesting things. There's a lot to be said for proper engineering like all the car manufacturers do, unfortunately Tesla isn't one of them. If Tesla did proper engineering to start with they'd be ahead of the game as this would of made there cars cheaper n easier to build. I guess this is the problem with non traditional manufacturing. If Tesla aligned it's self with one of the traditional manufacturers they could both succeed but they'd have to become one entity.

Just Arrived
    Hi everyone,
    I did a little research. Here is what I found, "Tesla headed into the year on a high note. But quality problems and sales concerns have led to a loss of investor confidence."I found this information here:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/10/b...k-outlook.html
    Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast