Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tesla going flat as rivals charge

I like the Telsa's. As KP said they arent perfect, but they are very good.

But tomorrow as I head to Mildura, even if I had one, I'd have to leave it behind, because it will run out of steam (Note: not actual steam) between 50 & 100km short of my destination.

I do note that Musk has said just today that they have a new battery/battery tech to extend range to 400 miles (640 km) That would do.

Thats also the range that Rivian is spruiking. It would be rare to have a to travel more than 400 miles in a day. The Riv is more my speed. SUV/Pick-up and Boxy as an 80's F100.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

kypez (13th June 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    I like the Telsa's. As KP said they arent perfect, but they are very good.

But tomorrow as I head to Mildura, even if I had one, I'd have to leave it behind, because it will run out of steam (Note: not actual steam) between 50 & 100km short of my destination.

I do note that Musk has said just today that they have a new battery/battery tech to extend range to 400 miles (640 km) That would do.

Thats also the range that Rivian is spruiking. It would be rare to have a to travel more than 400 miles in a day. The Riv is more my speed. SUV/Pick-up and Boxy as an 80's F100.
    I do like the Rivian on paper! As I said, I'd be happy if they have the battery tech, I'd be keen!

Mildura do have a charger at the Motor Inn there if you're staying the night. If you have time to burn, can charge up there but agree, not a fan of slow chargers; Thats not a commute option if there is no fast charging.

Quote Originally Posted by kypez View Post
    I do like the Rivian on paper! As I said, I'd be happy if they have the battery tech, I'd be keen!

Mildura do have a charger at the Motor Inn there if you're staying the night. If you have time to burn, can charge up there but agree, not a fan of slow chargers; Thats not a commute option if there is no fast charging.
    There's also a charger at the motel in Sealake, but we are going to see and staying with family. So no motels for me.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

There's also a charger at the motel in Sealake, but we are going to see and staying with family. So no motels for me.
    Then you can plug in at their place! What's a few kWh between family?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Then you can plug in at their place! What's a few kWh between family?!

Sure can, just have to get there. Not stop 50Km up the road.

Sure can, just have to get there. Not stop 50Km up the road.
    Which way would you go? Via Horsham? Or a different way? Charging at Horsham will give you enough range to make it. Without giving away where you live, you can use the charger at Ballarat and then Horsham and you'd make it with plenty to spare into Mildura.

Sydney to Dubbo last month. So Horsham to Mildura being only 311 kms would be easy. (Mine is the smaller battery car as well).

Last edited by kypez; 17th June 2019 at 11:50 AM.

Which way would you go? Via Horsham? Or a different way? Charging at Horsham will give you enough range to make it. Without giving away where you live, you can use the charger at Ballarat and then Horsham and you'd make it with plenty to spare into Mildura.
    No thats about 2 hours slower. I go straight up the Calder. - and not through Bendigo that adds 1/2 hour at least.

It's not a real problem KP. I'm not about to drop 100K on a tesla anytime soon. By the time I do that they will have the range to get there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

kypez (17th June 2019)

No thats about 2 hours slower. I go straight up the Calder. - and not through Bendigo that adds 1/2 hour at least.

It's not a real problem KP. I'm not about to drop 100K on a tesla anytime soon. By the time I do that they will have the range to get there.
    That sucks! I know you're not looking to buy one but I do like learning about the issues with the current infrastructure. The good people at Tesla have asked owners about sites they'd like to see Superchargers installed at and I can give them this feedback so when you're ready to buy one, the infrastructure will be in play.

I'll add this route to the list.

Validated User
    Tesla will not be here in 5 years time.. Mark my word.
    2017.5 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM DIESEL
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    Tesla will not be here in 5 years time.. Mark my word.
    They said that 9 years ago... And every year since.

Either way, much like the Falcon, just cause it won't be here in 5 years doesn't mean you can't enjoy it now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345