Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla going flat as rivals charge

Quote Originally Posted by MaidPsych38 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I did a little research. Here is what I found, "Tesla headed into the year on a high note. But quality problems and sales concerns have led to a loss of investor confidence."I found this information here:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/10/b...k-outlook.html
    Hope this helps.
    Interesting about the quality issues. Most Tesla owners seem to state its the best car they have ever owned.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Interesting about the quality issues. Most Tesla owners seem to state its the best car they have ever owned.
    Like most cults the members are of blind faith....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

imike1 (12th June 2019)

I have no interest in EV's one bit for the record.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    But surely they're the ones that count.

Most have had a software glitch and commonly door handles, but no, diff bushes, timing chains, milkshake transmissions, blocked DPF's and all the other common problems.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Most have had a software glitch and commonly door handles, but no, diff bushes, timing chains, milkshake transmissions, blocked DPF's and all the other common problems.
    Waiting for the flat battery call to RACV....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Not really. Its the best car I've ever owned. Hands down.

Problem is people see an Electric car and think all things are equal. People haven't had time to understand that its not that simple (or been exposed to enough variations to know the difference). Example, Pushrod V8 drives quite differently to a quad cam V8. But if all you look at is the engine configuration, i.e. V8, you miss a lot of information. Or a Turbo V8 vs Supercharged V8. All people think is Forced Induction if they aren't educated in the differences.

Tesla has the best battery balancing tech out there. Its the reason the Euro's are delaying their entry cause they just can't get the batteries to last. Nissan, Renault and even Audi saw 30% degradation from their batteries within a year! Imagine losing 30% of your range 12 months after you buy the car? Worse still, if you lose "only" 25%, its not covered under warranty. Wonder why the Taycan is taking so long? They can't get the battery tech to work. Same reason Audi pulled their previous gen EV.

Tesla, on the other hand, see less than 5% degradation in 12 months. In fact, it was over 250,000 before it dropped by 10%. Charging and draw both affect the life.

Euro cars cannot compete at the moment. They are 8 years behind Tesla's learnings. If it was just money to develop it, they'd be there. They are not.

Sadly, there will be a lot of disappointed Euro owners who buy it without understanding how EV's actually work or what their dependencies are.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kypez For This Useful Post:

Perko (13th June 2019)

Door handle issue were revised a few years ago (well before I bought mine). No issues these days. Build quality has been good for years as well though the Model 3 did suffer from some issues earlier on which have since been ironed out.

My Mustang Coyote engine tensioners are on their 3rd revision from Ford (C part) and a TSB has just been put out in the US. They can't get it right. So when the established players can make mistakes, why is Tesla held to standard so much higher. (Wont even talk about my Sprint)...
    Last edited by kypez; 12th June 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Waiting for the flat battery call to RACV....
    45,000 kms since December 2017 without ever having to call out road side for a flat battery. Driven to Brissy, Melbourne, Dubbo, etc. Its a non issue.

Now my ICE cars in that same time, plenty of Road side call outs.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...9fc98b17f53d5c

Also worth noting is that they did a test with the Tesla vs Audi vs Hyundai. The audi was 23% less efficient than the heavier and bigger Tesla model X. That's a worry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I have no interest in EV's one bit for the record.
    I think you should, I think we all should.

I said else where that my trade was one of the earliest to embrace battery power. To start with, it was very much the case of tradition, this will never catch on. Then they were all about being fine for certain tasks but nothing that requires real grunt. Today there is no such scepticism.

But

They are usually deemed throw away items. A car isn't really a throw away item and with batteries I can see a time in these cars lives where they just wont be worth anything to move on. The batteries in the tesla are good for about 8 years I think they say on warranty, or the life of my current GT. I can see a real issue with how these cars will be viewed after 8 years.

Tesla the company. Usually you would say where here is smoke...…. there seems to be too many doom stories on the finance side to be an "agenda" driven shorting. I don't know what to think but if they do go under, well obviously that will be an issue. You would think another company would step in though. Ford and Gm tie up shows there are many White Knight scenarios in these very difficult times.

I don't think I would buy a pure EV for the foreseeable future but hybrid I would. My location and logistics don't make sense for me.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast