Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ford Australia set to release Supercharged Mustang

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Love the stance of the Mustang and that they have looked at the overall package. Not a fan of the rear spoiler. However, well done to Justin and the team. Once again showing what a bit of old fashioned Aussie resourcing and passion can do.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

WASP (9th October 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Factory RHD mate. Made for Australia and Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So america are builting RHD GT500s??

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    So america are builting RHD GT500s??
    No, GT and Ecoboost Mustangs only that come here and are then transformed into Shelby GT Mustangs by Mustang Motorsport.

There are no RHD GT500ís and no plans to make one despite Ford Australia requesting access to them. The only way to get them is special order via MM which convert them for $300k + includes base car of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th October 2019)

The name of the game is to always sell cars. There is some irony attached to this in as much the various Tickford packages also had that ability but people wanted to take an axe to them.

For example, giving the car an identity is important and what Tickford did. This car has an identity.

Behind the scenes and especially for me, my interaction has been occupied with stupid stuff I shouldn’t not have got involved with and once again it’s around Herrod.

The majority of back channel conversation is negative on this association.

The need to partner, never in question and people need to realise that a lot of credit needs to go to Rob for preservation.

From his perspective it’s golden but over time his brand is the strongest here. Is that what Ford wanted? Is that what Ford needed?

I have said all along this is the wrong business case. The need to partner to get under compliance comes down to the fixation on getting a supercharger to market.

I would argue norm that a larger volume run, tune only, cheaper, makes the same business case to say hey, just imagine what we could do if we had Ford Performance product.

I want this to succeed because the good outweigh the negatives once you get out of the political space.

I have watched this in various forms for 18 months and prior to that in a different form for 12 months. It was a basket case.

It’s very clear that the involvement of key people we know have transformed screwing around into reality.

That’s a good thing. Especially if top management realise it. It’s taken 3 years but what was lost is now found.

Plane to catch. Lots to discuss, talk soon.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th October 2019),Perko (10th October 2019),WASP (10th October 2019)

So delayed and in a plane going nowhere.

I think what needs to be said is if you still participate on the forum you like thinking. Thinking lends itself to questions and that's probably where all these sorts of deals get magnified.

Instead and this is what's important, the press and reaction has been very good. You have those people talking about orders.

500, 100k plus cars on the road isn't going to be easy I suspect.

Look at the car for what it is and sit the politics aside.

With that in mind.

When we tested the 18 we made a point of saying don't touch it. Don't add a supercharger, it's the last thing it needs.

Hmmm. How do you go from there?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

I love that this has happened, its a massive step in the right direction.

For me as a consumer an Auto GT with PP2 fitted, and Ford Performance branding would have ticked every box.

That would be my perfect Mustang.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (10th October 2019),Randel (10th October 2019)

Delving a bit deeper i think we got PP2 suspension with RSpec.

PP2:

This performance-oriented package includes upsized sway bars, unique track-inspired springs, unique stability control, EPAS and ABS tuning along with the recalibrated MagneRide Damping System special to the PP2. And who could forget those beautiful shoes -- 19” x 10.5” (F) and 19” x 11” (R) wheels
    RSpec:

R-Spec’s main calling card, it’s more than just an engine upgrade. Adjustable anti-roll bars are fitted, while new progressive-rate springs drop the ride height by 20mm and require the standard MagneRide suspension to be reprogrammed to suit.

Ford Performance rims measuring 19 x 9.5-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear (a half-inch wider than standard) wear the same Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres (255/35 and 275/35 front to rear respectively).
    Same rim design but narrower.

PP2:

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    I like the package overall. The stance is perfect, the rim package is nice, and it focuses on more than just an engine upgrade. The supercharger is great, however am I right in assuming that manual only is because Ford still haven't found a reasonable solution to the overheating with auto's? Having Justin involved gives me the confidence that the job will be done properly.

From a factory point of view this would tick my boxes. However, I could never afford to shell out $100k for this car or any performance car for that matter. Vader was my last. Interesting point Ian about this versus Tickford cars. If I had the cash.... I would run with the last Tickford model. The colour, stance, and those gorgeous rims have me.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Delving a bit deeper i think we got PP2 suspension with RSpec.

PP2:

RSpec:

Same rim design but narrower.

PP2:

Same rim but narrower? Cost saving exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Same rim but narrower? Cost saving exercise?
    Crash testing compliance /validation I suspect. Stay within certain wheel size means they don't need to seek addition compliance /validation for the larger size. Just guessing.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th October 2019)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast