Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ford Australia set to release Supercharged Mustang

Trackside

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (11th October 2019),Randel (11th October 2019),WASP (10th October 2019)

It looks pretty bloody good. The blue one is all me.

Looking at the spec sheet the HSV delivered ZL1's maximum power and torque is 477kW and 881Nm respectively. Nothing in it compared to the R-SPEC really. Even when you look at each car in their entirety the factory enhanced Mustang is 'almost' like for like. Some of the differences includes things like 20" forged alloys and slightly larger front monobloc calipers with 390mm two-piece front rotors for the Camaro ZL1 and some agressively styled external aesthetics. Interior might be a finished off to remind you its a bit more 'special' than the regular model too. I suspect they Camaro 'might' still be a bit faster due to extra grip and braking.

Regardless, given there is a price the difference of almost $60k this makes the RSPEC a very compelling proposition... even for die-hard Camaro buyer.
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Great pictures steve
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Welcome back mate. Love your work!

Are you able to share any background on this performance venture?

Is it a one off or are their more products planned for the future?

Last but not least, what is the R-SPEC like to drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The story will be told about how it all came together. I will speak to Ian about doing something for the forum.

As for products, right now we still need to build these cars and get through this one and ultimately, see how this one goes in the market.

Whatís it like to drive. Well itís effing fast. Around Winton and driven at 7/10ths It was doing 193kmh down the front straight, then because of the big torque, it can be kept in 3rd all the way through cleavage and basically up to the hairpin. This means you can really focus on getting your lines right.

Road - for something lowered the ride is really nice, doesnít take anything off the car and even as a tourer itís just easy....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bricktop For This Useful Post:

Perko (12th October 2019),Randel (Yesterday),WASP (11th October 2019)

Ford Australia set to release Supercharged Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    The story will be told about how it all came together. I will speak to Ian about doing something for the forum.

As for products, right now we still need to build these cars and get through this one and ultimately, see how this one goes in the market.

Whatís it like to drive. Well itís effing fast. Around Winton and driven at 7/10ths It was doing 193kmh down the front straight, then because of the big torque, it can be kept in 3rd all the way through cleavage and basically up to the hairpin. This means you can really focus on getting your lines right.

Road - for something lowered the ride is really nice, doesnít take anything off the car and even as a tourer itís just easy....
    Sounds really exciting Justin!

From an tuning and engineering perspective I am interested to learn how you guys went with overcoming heat, boost and high compression challenges others have had adding boost to these cars. Iíd imagine that it would have required some outside the square thinking.

This car represents one of most exciting local Ford performance developments since the Sprint. No doubt a massive effort and undertaking for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Perko (12th October 2019)

I hope this is a stepping stone to proving a market exists so we can get pull a Ford Performance models like GT350 and GT500 in RHD form in the future. It's a little concerning that we seem to be creating an orphan product with no real relevance to the rest of the Ford world. Too easy for the winds to change and us to be left in a relative performance backwater again.

Personally the lack of transmission choice counts me out of the market. There's a lot to like here, looking forward to see where this leads long term.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I think that line of thinking still applies if you are using the auto at least, but arguably the manual too if you already have an existing car. In fact, I now have a magnaride car with Recaro seats and I think I prefer the bog-standard one. Too early to tell yet.

To add a supercharger to the base car requires a holistic approach to the totality of the package and goal you want to achieve. Sounds like the Ford program for the RSPEC have adopted this approach and taken the time necessary to tackle, and find solutions to each hurdle this throws up. No one really expects an aftermarket workshop to do this or even a dealer fitting a kit (or part thereof) to an existing car. That's why it was, and essentially still is a 'do not touch this' car as it currently is.
    There is a lot in this. Had a great day talking here at the track with Ford people.

Do a search in our forum for the first time the rumour of this package surfaced.

Wrong people involved.

As a consequence the saturation take up on people supercharging their cars let alone the one off outlay might be an obstacle.

The aftermarket industry of which Rob is effectively the king would know this. Tickfords last 2 hero cars have not been S/C. These are cars with identities. What’s KPM doing S/C wise?

I was talking to David Blackwood yesterday. He has taken his 18 unit allocation. He won’t be putting the price up. The car is around 114k out the door in Vic under the new laws.

It’s not a forum discount but it’s a source where people will be treated as intended from the factory.

People need to remember our arguments about the mess we have had.

This does away with all of them.

Go to your dealership, find the car, the total car in THEIR system. Order it. Walk away. Go pick it up when it’s ready after you have gone to your insurer and I assume taken out insurance because the car is listed in THEIR system.

No byo bullshit

And your factory warranty that allows you to deal only with your dealership.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Perko (12th October 2019),WASP (12th October 2019)

Kudos Justin on getting this through mate and Thanks for re appearing.
    1 step forward as we all can see, the transmission to me is spot on, thats performance DNA but we all know the softies in the market desire easy ride auto. Maybe one day.
    I'm sure its a toe in the water and all but until you/FoA can get over the ADR hoops and all and provide a proper ex Factory anything performance Pony such as with PP2 even just at NA I'm not interested but wish you all the best !
    https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...mustang-gt-pp2
    Donut Kings post sums things up well also.
    Plus I'll order NO black wheels, this is so overdone today.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

The black wheels donít look too bad M. Especially in the flesh.

2019 Mustang GT.jpg
    2019 Mustang GT-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Today)

Can't understand it. Looking at the black wheels on the R spec while on the other side of pit straight there was the Moffat Mustang with the minilite lookalikes and the DJRTP display car with the forged 10 spokes. Black wheels. Just. Say. NO!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567