Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: Its cricket season!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Great test match. This is what it is all about. Bowled the wrong lines to no.11 and sort of lost their way tactically. Stokes ran with the momentum and was amazing and heartbreaking to watch.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

great match but not when on the wrong side of the ledger.
    This shouldn't have been in the position we were in.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

What a test match. Been a really good series, be we get to keep the ashes.

Warner has to be dropped.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

yep been a great series to date and retaining the Ashs even better against the favoured Poms @ home the better.
    What a game by Labs when we really needed someone to stand up support a wonder player as Smith.
    That 1st innings set us up and the bowlers were tested but came through in the end.
    Massive blow to the poms nothing like it.
    Test cricket is the only game to watch imo, I have no interest in the others anymore barring the WC.
    As much as I support Warner I agree, has had enough lives now he needs a rest to re group for he's Broads bunny this series.

Was a good gutsy win and I was very worried for a while.

When all the comments on the Aussie batters are being made I think that you all are missing one vital point. Yes Warner would/could/should be dropped for the final test. However when you have 5 players now in the top 2-3 that have struggled all series then there is something wrong with the support team that are providing the advice and mentoring to these players. Before this series both Warner and Usman came off pretty good white ball form. Whilst the Dukes does move around you do not lose it that quickly. Warner's technique was over adjusted from the first innings of the first test and he hasn't been able to find his groove since.

When I analyse all of the players their technique is still so lacking at a basic level. Defense structure is poor and their heads are so far outside the line that coming around the wicket exaggerates the angle. Wade was still falling forward yesterday and their was no base. This is simply technique work that at elite level should be sorted.

Yes, we need to look at our batsman but we need to look at the coaching staff even harder.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

well we/they have one of our past best in Langer.
    One I feel his mentor ship has guided the squad for starters, surely he has been giving advise on their techincs as well as the batting coachs.
    I think at times you just have batters who take to a away series like ducks to water on different surfaces and other times its the struggles and can be worse.
    Their bowling attack is pretty good as we know as well and home advantage.
    Yes our bats made alot of simple errors - what irks me very early in their innings.
    No one is patient enough anymore barring the exceptions, limited over cricket has played up with their technics imo having played so much of it nowadays.
    Just some thought on the subject.

they say Warner will play
    lets see if he can get 5 ducks in a row
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    they say Warner will play
    lets see if he can get 5 ducks in a row
    Chasing Greg Chappell's record of 7 in a row.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Warner normally bats well when he isn't under pressure. So maybe he can string some runs this game.

Can't believe that they have brought Mitch Marsh into the 12!!! What is CA's obsession with this guy? Good net bowler at best and Cummins has a better batting average than him.

Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast