Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Its cricket season!

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Before play it looked a real green top
    so to see it play that dead surprised me
    or was it just the way New Zealand played
    You don't know how good the pitch is until the second team bats.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    The pitch is green but well rolled. The issue yesterday was the lack of good areas from the bowlers. They failed to build pressure and then this did not allow McCullum to set the fields he wanted. You could see that the ball moved around once it was pitch up and there was some movement out there. They wasted the new ball. Given the rain overnight the first hour today will be crucial. They need to pitch it up, let the ball talk, and then build pressure. Generally on the second day the Gabba flattens a bit to a brilliant batting deck.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Southee has done his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Southee's injury, the New Zealand team management have confirmed, is an "irritated lower disc in his back". We're putting together a news piece on his situation. It should be up soon.

Australia 556/4d (130.2 ov)

Khawaja 174
    Warner 163

What a wacca pitch.
    Can't believe the kiwis batted just as well.
    Glad we regrouped after Warner gone.
    Oh, please I can't stand those commentators.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Edges falling short of the slips at the waca. Who'd have thought!

Things change as they say - but for over 20odd yrs that pitch has always been fast, sure cracks appeared as always and as mentioned Rob snicks would travel easily to the slips - this is a beauty.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Great series by the Kiwis.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

yep, they were a bit under done at the gabba, but since then have pushed australia the whole way. its a shame that the adelaide test was marred by the lyon drs decision but overall it was a cracking test match. S.Marsh hopefully did enough in the 2nd innings to keep his spot for the WI tour. a real match winning performance and even though he didn't quite see it through, he pretty much got australia home. extremely tough conditions with some incredibly tight bowling by the kiwi's.

just on the starc injury, i think they need to look at why our fast men are made of glass. is it because they are trying to bowl too fast? is it technique? is it just strength (lack of)? i reckon some of it is their age. they need to let their bodies develop more before they start as fast bowlers. thats one thing you could say about mitch johnson. he was big strong lad and rarely had injuries. mcgrath rarely had injuries too. these young kids seem to only be able to play so many games and then break down. pattinson, who will likely come back in for starc, first came on to the scene a few years back and has been out of consistent cricket for a couple of years due to injury. given that a lot of the previous greats could play well into their late 30's, i reckon 19 yr olds, and early 20's is too early to be putting your body through those stresses.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    yep, they were a bit under done at the gabba, but since then have pushed australia the whole way. its a shame that the adelaide test was marred by the lyon drs decision but overall it was a cracking test match. S.Marsh hopefully did enough in the 2nd innings to keep his spot for the WI tour. a real match winning performance and even though he didn't quite see it through, he pretty much got australia home. extremely tough conditions with some incredibly tight bowling by the kiwi's.

just on the starc injury, i think they need to look at why our fast men are made of glass. is it because they are trying to bowl too fast? is it technique? is it just strength (lack of)? i reckon some of it is their age. they need to let their bodies develop more before they start as fast bowlers. thats one thing you could say about mitch johnson. he was big strong lad and rarely had injuries. mcgrath rarely had injuries too. these young kids seem to only be able to play so many games and then break down. pattinson, who will likely come back in for starc, first came on to the scene a few years back and has been out of consistent cricket for a couple of years due to injury. given that a lot of the previous greats could play well into their late 30's, i reckon 19 yr olds, and early 20's is too early to be putting your body through those stresses.
    Seems to be a common issue across many teams these days. Fast bowlers are just pushed too hard too early I think.

Gutted to lose the last test, and with it the end of the unbeaten run of test series but it always a big ask to beat Aussie at home.
    I never thought I'd say this, but I cant wait for McCullum to retire. While his captaincy is pretty decent, I think he's become an incredibly selfish batsman.
    We will never see Ross Taylor as a captain, at least while the current coach is there but I think they seem to be grooming Williamson as a future leader.
    Bring it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364