Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Polishes and waxes

Validated User
    Zaino & Pinnacle are my two choices for my cars.
    Zaino Products are very hard to get in W.A., most detailer's have their own "special brew" that they concoct with chemical engineers, & are very reluctant to sell you a bottle of their "special brew"
    I know of 3 detailer's in Perth, that are in talks with chemical companies, trying to establish their "special brew" as the market leader.
    Is this a cost effective way of doing business? Why not let Zaino, or Dodo, or Mezerna do all the testing & development?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (13th April 2017)

I am still liking Dodo's wax, but moving towards Autoglym. I have a Bowdens Clay, but am very disappointed in it - the Meguiars one seems to be the best.

Does anyone know what the best way of removing tree sap is? I have just been using a mild abrasive, but can't keep up with it. The only other thing that seemed to work was undiluted engine degreaser. None of the Tar and Sap Removers (and I'm looking at you Bowdens own) seem to work.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    I am still liking Dodo's wax, but moving towards Autoglym. I have a Bowdens Clay, but am very disappointed in it - the Meguiars one seems to be the best.

Does anyone know what the best way of removing tree sap is? I have just been using a mild abrasive, but can't keep up with it. The only other thing that seemed to work was undiluted engine degreaser. None of the Tar and Sap Removers (and I'm looking at you Bowdens own) seem to work.
    Try the Bowdens engine cleaner, agent Orange i think they call it. You can use it and then follow up with their bug and tar for any leftover bits. I've done it before with bug guts and it has worked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    1997 EL GT #037 - Burgundy, Manual, Dusty.
    2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION Manual, tuned, BFG's, Lift - the Urban Warrior
    2017 VW Passat TSI R-Line Wagon - family hauler with the lot

5. The Following User Says Thank You to b2tf For This Useful Post:

Burnout (10th April 2017)

I had a heap of tree sap land on our runabout a few weeks back, Christ knows where it came from given the amount that landed on it. I had an old seatbelt cover - one of those Velcro pads that you put on the seatbelt for comfort. It has a webbing around it. I used that in a very slippery solution of car wash and it all came off. The webbing would catch on the tree sap and take it off. It was absolute gold, would have been there for days otherwise. Clay would have been useless on this stuff - it was baked on like marble. The seatbelt pad itself was like a sponge with the webbing around it. Worked really well. I'll put a pic up of what I used when I get home

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisandSharon For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (9th May 2017),Randel (13th April 2017)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456