Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Polishes and waxes

Thanks guys I will look into them. I like meguires professional series swirl remover but do you know if either of those have a similar product, particularly for removing swirls off the lack roof on my Mini? I do like to try and use products from the same line, I find products tend to work better that way.

Looking at the Swissvax range, which one have you guys used and had good results on, an improtant decision with those sort of prices. I have seen there is a BMW specific wax but I will have to find out if Mini (BMW owned, built and serviced) uses the same paint processes as BMW.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Heres the Duragloss swirl remover:

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...l_mark_remover

What do you guys use on the interior?
    I use the AutoGlym leather cream, and the Bowdens glass cleaner, but for the dash and trims i just wipe over with the window cloth when im done. I wouldnt mind something that will make it look clean and fresh, but not oily like the old armoral stuff.

ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    What do you guys use on the interior?
    I use the AutoGlym leather cream, and the Bowdens glass cleaner, but for the dash and trims i just wipe over with the window cloth when im done. I wouldnt mind something that will make it look clean and fresh, but not oily like the old armoral stuff.

ideas??
    Meguires dash and trim protectant, not oily like armourall, dries with a subdued sheen and smells good too.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

I use Duragloss tyre and rubber dressing.

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...ubber_dressing

Its not as good as the Meguires tyre gel but does a good job on the interior.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I went with autoglym vinyl and rubber care for inside and bumper and rubber gel for outside. I will see how it goes

I use the autoglym stuff. Seems to work fine on my old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I washed the wife's Honda with their latest Wash and Wax and couldn't believe how good she came up with just that !
    is that the yellow stuff? i just used up my megs gold class and bought some of that to replace it. megs ultimate wash and wax i think its called. i also use the megs tyre gel which is awesome. i have megs nxt wax but have only used it once on my FG. unfortunately i just don't get time to spend hours on my car anymore.

i also bought some autoglym interior shampoo a while back and was less than impressed with it. a cheap can of repco faoming stuff actually did a better job.

i also have a californian car duster for in between washes. still works well.

Sounds like the same car wash bud, mind you the wifes honda is black and I rarely polish it the paint is chalk compared to the T so I suppose anything would bring it up but I doubt as good as this Megs wash and wax, so I'll look out for your comments.

Funny I have never been impressed with tyre gels, used one and found it messy,takes ages to dry and collects dirt.
    Nxt wax is fine but once out of it get some Swissol or similar.
    Agree with the autoglym interior, didn't like the finish one bit, can't remember what I keep using out of another 2 but they are cheaper haha
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Agree with the autoglym interior, didn't like the finish one bit,
    i was using it to get some stains out of a seat, and it failed miserably compared to a cheap product. i still use it to wipe down the odd surface here and there but its definitely nothing special.

speaking of interior cleaners, what do people use that actually 'clean' and not just 'protect'? mainly the trim pieces where you hop in and out and the panels beside the pedals (kick panel?) etc. these can get quite dirty and due to the texture can be difficult to clean. is there a decent product that actually cleans the plastic trim back to new? or do people just use like a washing product with a damp cloth and then wipe it down with interior protectant afterward?

if there is a good cleaner out there, i'll buy it tomorrow.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast