Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OS travels business/leisure anybody......

Yes, staying overnight mate.

Been to Shanghai with my wife and the girls. Absolutely loved the experience and we are considering going to China again. Other than that I have been to NZ and the Cook islands, plus we frequently travel interstate for business and personal. Might even travel to the UK at some point to catch up with family. I wouldn't say I have the bug for travelling, quite the opposite actually as I don't enjoy flying or using airports generally.

I have driven just about every road in Tas and worked in every corner of our state over the last 18odd years as an install / service tech. Since moving up the ranks, I have done audits and work in Port Headland, Perth, Karratha, Bowen, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney and of course Melbourne.

With some fantastic mates, I have done some great road trips, Clipsal 500, great ocean road, Barossa valley, Bathurst and even to Batemans to pick up the race car I have also travelled for personal holidays to the normal Brisbane, gold coast, Noosa etc. But it wasn’t until this year that I made my first OS trip to Thailand for a mates 30th. I got talked into it, couldn’t really see the point in wasting money to go OS as I wanted to stay here in AUS. But after going, it has changed my perception, as you said Maurie, it’s a big world out there and yes we are lucky here in AUS, but it’s great to see how the others do it.

This trip has wet my appetite now, I’m off to Bali at Christmas time with a few mates just to get away for a holiday. I want to get to the US for Vegas, catch the Daytona 500 and see our birth home in Detroit etc. Also want to get to UK and travel to some of the great race tracks in Europe, but it all comes down to $$$ and time. One day!

Shanghai is a top city once you get used to the hussle and bussle, smog and just plain kaos compared to our cities LOL......
    Looks much better at night though compared to the day ! their lighting around building/plants/trees is amazing especially coming to Christmas.
    Colville we did the Cook Islands for a family holiday some 5yrs ago over a Chrissy/NY - did you know that the Island is the last to celebrate the NY, I was told this whilst there, lovely people as per usual Islanders, kids had a ball.

Colville I hear you re planes/airports etc if it wasn't for work or if I could drive everywhere I need to I would but that is obviously impossible.
    I just travelled with 2 customers this last business trip, many times I/we were delayed due 1 of the guys - this really irratated me as on my own so many times I make sure I'm not under stress making flights on time etcetc I can understand now why this guy has so many uncalled for issues with his better half - I came close leaving this guy behind many times LOL....bloody painful travelling companion, now this makes or breaks trips as well.
    Tim you got to talk Ian into doing Vegas/SEMA whilst I'm there one year - I'll help you book into doing laps around Las Vegas Motor Speedway in a detuned Nascar (around 500hp) followed by visiting the Shelby operation right next door ! then hire a Stang to drive back to California haha I should do this with you LOL.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Thanks Maurie

You described Shanghai perfectly..lol To someone that hasn't been there this may not sound interesting but it really was a fascinating and exciting place to visit (and cheap to). Being somewhat of a capitalist the development over there blew me away. The humidity was a bit challenging to get use as well as the lack of birds in the sky. The girls had a ball shopping and food experience was amazing.

Thanks Colville - yes summer is very humid and the atmoshere is thick - naturally the seasons are opposite to us and heading back on Dec 10 it will be freezing !
    Wild life is a delicacy LOL....no birds no nothing ewwwwww.

Col was staying in an area called "The Bund" (embankment with muddy water - picture the Yarra but worse LOL) - very famous for where this photo was taken from, the new modern side of construction and opposite has many old traditional structures looking amazing.
    Col see those 2 barges if they are at 12oclock - I eat many times at the restaurants on the RHside, great views at night with boats going past etc and some food you like and some well lets just say NOT !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Ok Maurie, I think its time to talk $$$ and work out a 2014 Vegas trip.

EDIT: Bugger WA, I would rather spend 8k on a US trip and drive Nascar than damage my own car going across to the other side of the country!

Last week in Shanghai overnight average was 0deg - after the recent humidity Sydney had before I left and back last Sunday I haven't had a decent sleep as yet, too damn muggy, staying up late, can't sleep heavily enough what a - well you know what.
    Rapted, don't think I have a trip till late Feb fingers crossed.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    Ok Maurie, I think its time to talk $$$ and work out a 2014 Vegas trip.

EDIT: Bugger WA, I would rather spend 8k on a US trip and drive Nascar than damage my own car going across to the other side of the country!
    Tim Vegas 2014 is about to happen - I'm leaving this Sunday !!!! then Friday week to Mexico - where the bloody hell are ya ?!
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Is it January already?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

TICK4D-TAS (30th October 2013)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast