Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: OS travels business/leisure anybody......

  1. #21
    T3/Sprint8 FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    9,973
    Just got back from my 1st business trip to Chile, Santiago, wow what a place, loved it, oh hang on it was a work trip LOL......
    Guys IF ever you get the chance do it ! great food ! great WINE especially the reds, did I say great FOOD ! Awesum coastline, not a bad golf course I played as well
    Amazing geography, Andes in sight 1 hour drive, snow tops, awesum winding roads if only I had the T3 but the business owner I visited had a XF Jag we pedalled around pretty lame LOL..........
    Just get yourselves there believe me wonderful !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

    Franco Cozzo (31st January 2015)

  3. #22
    Sir Car Reviews Franco Cozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    4,387
    Not a business trip but I went to the South Pacific islands with family late last year:

    Champagne Bay, Vanuatu was the best beach I've ever been to:


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

    FTe217 (31st January 2015),Road_Warrior (31st January 2015)

  5. #23
    Validated User Bluestuff1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Auckland NZ
    Posts
    2,269
    i have to admit i have only been to Fiji for a re days, but would like to do more,
    like every one else, when i get around to it.......one day.....soon....really i will......honest....lol

    But i have been to just about every were in NZ !
    And next week im off on a road trip,to wellywood in my " F" , 1500 k round trip.
    i tell yer, the GTF is made for touring long distance, just the speeding fines that take the edge off ...lol

    Off shore, not sure if south east Asia, or Europe/Uk ? or may be North america ....hmmmmm choices ?
    may be all at once ......yer right ?,

  6. #24
    Validated User TICK4D-TAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    1,689
    I did a cruise last year on the Carnival Legend to the pacific islands. Mare, Mystery Island, Noumea and Vanuatu. It was awesome, would like to do another cruise again.

    I have to go to NZ at some stage this year for a training course at Gallagher in Hamilton. So looking forward to that one.

  7. #25
    Danger Zone! Paxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    I did a cruise last year on the Carnival Legend to the pacific islands. Mare, Mystery Island, Noumea and Vanuatu. It was awesome, would like to do another cruise again.

    I have to go to NZ at some stage this year for a training course at Gallagher in Hamilton. So looking forward to that one.
    I love Mystery Island. I've done 4 Cruises - one on the Pacific Sky, two on the Pacific Sun, and one on the Pacific Pearl. We're booked on the Pacific Eden (shite name) in November - Noumea, Isle of Pines, Mare, Champagne Bay.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

  8. #26
    Sir Car Reviews Franco Cozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    4,387
    I wasn't a fan of Noumea, I was walking about the city center, its like Broadmeadows by the bay, except worse.

    Then I went on one of those train things around the city, it was alright around the Esplanade but where they drop you off in the city center is pretty bad, you would think they would spend some coin to make it a bit nicer.

    Port Vila in Vanuatu was nice, the locals are really friendly and their local beer Tuskur or something was alright, it reminds me of Corona.

  9. #27
    T3/Sprint8 FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    9,973
    Low Isles is one of the most beautiful spot beach wise we've been to - but being an old surfer from way back I need swell to satisfy my needs but none the les snorkling is fun.
    We won't go on Pacific cruises again after trying out Carnival cruise's - much better ships and more to do.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  10. #28
    Sir Car Reviews Franco Cozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    4,387
    I've been twice with Princess Cruises with family, good liner but it seems more geared towards old retirees, the activities etc. Out of 2200 passengers you could count maybe 10 of us from 5-30 years old.

    Not much leaves from Melbourne though, most seem to leave from Sydney.

  11. #29
    Danger Zone! Paxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Noumea, I was walking about the city center, its like Broadmeadows by the bay, except worse.

    Then I went on one of those train things around the city, it was alright around the Esplanade but where they drop you off in the city center is pretty bad, you would think they would spend some coin to make it a bit nicer.

    Port Vila in Vanuatu was nice, the locals are really friendly and their local beer Tuskur or something was alright, it reminds me of Corona.
    Did you get to Anse Vata (Palm Beach), or Les Bay des Citrons? About 20 mins from Noumea. Beautiful beaches.

    Sorry, Number One beats Tusker every time.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

  12. #30
    Sir Car Reviews Franco Cozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Did you get to Anse Vata (Palm Beach), or Les Bay des Citrons? About 20 mins from Noumea. Beautiful beaches.

    Sorry, Number One beats Tusker every time.
    Nah I was just hanging about the city center, then went on one of those train tours about Noumea, which took us all around the city, up near the cannons on the hill and the esplanade near Maccas and some other restaurants etc.

    Isle of Pines also had a pretty good beach and I saw a sea snake there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •