Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XRGhia's EF Wagon

meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    I'm a bit torn. I like the EF dash with quad dials better than the BA one, but I'll have the BA climate HMI (ICC) over the E series one every day.

Tony - I might pick your brains one day soon, because I've convinced myself to keep the EF, but it's going to become my hobby car - the first job is to fit Climate control.
    Too easy mate
    2002 AU2 Fairlane Ghia - Liquid Silver.

BF Brakes - Catback exhaust - Manual - Lowered... Clean, Simple and awesomely maaaad...!

meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Till this day the EF/L interior remains my favourite.
    Agreed.

BF Brakes - Catback exhaust - Manual - Lowered... Clean, Simple and awesomely maaaad...!

Thanks Tony. You don't offer a drive in/drive out service do you?

I'll send you a PM later tonight.

AP.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

meh.
    I do actually, there isn't much to it. Day and a halfs work at the most.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by XRGhia View Post
    Nothing, just the olds need a manual car to teach my brother in. and there's no way he's touching my Fairlane.
    Fair enough

I'm another fan on the ef el interior, especially the ghia leather. The cappa interior when its mint is almost timeless IMO.
    Last edited by defective; 26th April 2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (15th May 2013)

meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Fair enough

I'm another fan on the ef el interior, especially the ghia leather. The cappa interior when its mint is almost timeless IMO.
    Agreed. NL FBT is another favourite of mine, alongside a fully optioned EL Ghia with Cappa interior.

anyway, Started it (The EF) yesterday

http://youtu.be/5Ju_H9aCl_g

I'm surprised it started up straight away, considering it's been sitting down the bottom of the driveway for about 2 months not started or anything... Couldn't run it for any longer, there's no exhaust on it, so I doubt the neighbors would like that. Sounds wicked though in person, haha.

Engine is sold anyway. It's being removed and paid for sometime next week, then I'll pull out the old 4L engine bay loom, and get it all ready for the V8 to go in

Good work Tony. Just a standard 5.0 going in it?
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

meh.
    Yeah, standard 5L to get it running and through rego, then an AU top end will find it's way on. After "learning to drive" (read, sideways up at Mt Panorama on a cruise), I know how woeful the standard E-series 5L's are, unless it's out of a GT or something.

Well if it's the 185kW from EL XR8 then it's not that bad.. nice and torquey.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

meh.
    The AU3 4L VCT is now gone (thank god), so now I can set about ripping out all of the old 4L stuff...

....but... Now the engine is out, I'm seriously reconsidering what to do with the car. A part of me says keep on going with it, fuck the haters. The other part is saying strip it and mod the Fairlylame to high hell...

Unsure about it thought. Opinions? I know the condition of the, um, "paint" is questionable, but that's fixable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast