Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Automotive media. Media watch

Our Automotive media. Media watch

I couldn't help but laugh at Ross Stone on the TV coverage today. It takes a lot to fire this man up but he interrupted the interview to make a comment on our media

Specifically he was commenting on issues that were reported regarding Shane Van Gisbergen and his departure. It appears some reports have upset SBR but worse he was right there to be contacted for comment but no one rung. No one bother or had the decency to contact SBR for comment. "lower than a snakes gut in a wheel rut"

I couldn't agree with you more Ross.

We will be using this thread to comment on industry and individual media efforts.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Well here's one... as noted on twitter by Dave this a Ford-bashing non-story by Goauto.

http://t.co/HQ0A7ZHC

Ford recalling 19000 Fusions for fading low beam headlights made prime time National Nine news.... Just to rub salt in they mention it was recalled earlier for an engine issue.. Either a very slow news night or Dowling is writting for 9 now.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I saw that. I thought wow Ford are selling Fusions in Australia. No wait no they don't. Then why are the doing this.

Note to Sinead. Pull next weeks adds off ch 9 and tell them why. They wil carry on about editorial independence. But won't do it again.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    I saw that. I thought wow Ford are selling Fusions in Australia. No wait no they don't. Then why are the doing this.

Note to Sinead. Pull next weeks adds off ch 9 and tell them why. They wil carry on about editorial independence. But won't do it again.
    I thought the same, fair enough that the Fusion is being recalled, no harm in that what so ever and I applaud Ford for doing so but the Fusion is not even sold here in Aus so why on earth did it even make new's headlines here in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Ford recalling 19000 Fusions for fading low beam headlights made prime time National Nine news.... Just to rub salt in they mention it was recalled earlier for an engine issue.. Either a very slow news night or Dowling is writting for 9 now.
    Can you tell me what day and what region this was broadcast? I'm of a mind to actually make a submission to the actual Media Watch show.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Can you tell me what day and what region this was broadcast? I'm of a mind to actually make a submission to the actual Media Watch show.
    Win TV (9 network) 8th Dec (Sat) 6pm, Norm is in Melb I take it and I am in Bendigo so I would say all of Vic just about would have seen it as it was the National Nine New's.
    It was also not far into the telecast, just after all the major news stories for the day like a few fatalities and then the Nurse suicide etc over seas in the UK, then it was after that somewhat, so it wasn't like it was late or at the end of the news headlines.

Yep, as above, first item after all the major story's of the day, still for the life of me can't understand how it's relevant to us and the Snyd comment about the previous recall made me think something's up
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

As above Ch 9 Melb. 6 pm main news.

I'd almost bet a grand that some idiot in the newsroom doesn't even realise that Fusions are not sold here.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Good idea for a thread, time to declare war on media bias.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast