Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Automotive media. Media watch

I'm strugling to remember a time when we have heard about any other GM/Ford product in USA like a Corvette or Mustang or pick up truck that has been recalled ?.
    It just doesn't make the National news ??.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Can you tell me what day and what region this was broadcast? I'm of a mind to actually make a submission to the actual Media Watch show.
    Done.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Done.
    Love your work mate.

Validated User
    Sorry for the late response to this but I've only just seen this thread now. The channel 9 story was bizarre to say the least - especially as they actually rang us and they were told we don't sell Fusion here. Mind you, the rang our security gate at 5pm on Sunday in advance of the 6pm news and said they didn't know how else to contact us. There's two things there - 1) they actually didnt want to find out the truth and give us time to comment (luckily our security guys got onto us quickly and we rang them - not that it made any difference); and 2) they must be the only media organization in the country that somehow doesn't have my mobile number. You can read heavy sarcasm into that last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinead Phipps View Post
    Sorry for the late response to this but I've only just seen this thread now. The channel 9 story was bizarre to say the least - especially as they actually rang us and they were told we don't sell Fusion here. Mind you, the rang our security gate at 5pm on Sunday in advance of the 6pm news and said they didn't know how else to contact us. There's two things there - 1) they actually didnt want to find out the truth and give us time to comment (luckily our security guys got onto us quickly and we rang them - not that it made any difference); and 2) they must be the only media organization in the country that somehow doesn't have my mobile number. You can read heavy sarcasm into that last sentence.
    It floored me to say the least, i just don't get it at all, Why??

Cheers

Norm
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

The media in this country has been going down hill for a long time. Unfortunately its now about scaring people and not informing people.....and not letting facts get in the way. It gets worse when news organisations have part share owners that are pushing their own agenda (channel 10 is an obvious one that comes to mind). But the worst is throw away comments by presenters that really should make comments about something they know nothing about as people are stupid and easily influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinead Phipps View Post
    Well that's interesting. If Media Watch contact me I'll be copying this post and passing it on to them.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

I don't think the behaviour now apparent from the media, motoring scribes, industry commentators is anything new. I do think however, that as a group (Ford enthusiasts) we are perhaps more sensitive, more aware, more eager to rebuff and debunk material concerning 'our brand'.

The media as a whole, traditionally, has kicked the guts out of any company, industry, individual or interest group when it's bleeding, suffering economic hardship and experiencing industrial actions brought on by workforce unrest. I can think of loads of recent targets, from airlines, forestry companies, mining magnates, and, and,.....

For the last few years this has been apparent in pretty well every 'news' story concerning Ford Australia. Makes for easy news segment fill.

They (media) kicked the guts out of Mitsubishi when they started bleeding, they were kicked relentlessly until the last locally manufactured motor car from that marque rolled off the line.

It's "australian" to kick the guts out of failure, regardless of whether it's perceived or factual. The longer the path to finality of failure, the more kicks to the guts, the greater the focus of negativity, the harder the kicks.

it's not just manufacturers, it's also "australian" to kick the guts out of our tall poppys, the human kind - when they are perceived to be failing. Regardless of the prior good they've done, the benefit to Australia they have provided through previous successes, we'll kick the living crap out of them at the first opportunity.

There is a market for this kind of media coverage. That market is the Australian public. And whether we (Ford enthusiasts) like it or not, we're in for a LOT MORE kicks heading our way.

And for the record, I do not like it, not one little bit.

Tex

Paul Gover‏@PaulWardGover

Aussies love muscle. Proof is more than 1200 AMG cars sold in 2012, total value more than $220 million (before options). Makes FPV look sick

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ian Parry‏@IanParry_

@PaulWardGover Why in Gods name would that make FPV look sick? @FordAustralia @officialFPV

Expand Reply Delete Favorite
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast