Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Automotive media. Media watch

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

I saw this last night, and I'm speechless. This guy will not be happy until Broadmeadows is closed.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Just Arrived
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    He is really dedicated in bringing Ford down, isn't he? Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by pearlhead View Post
    He is really dedicated in bringing Ford down, isn't he? Unbelievable
    It would appear so and the reason we have highlighted and will continue to highlight efforts such as these.

In such a situation the story could have taken a number of different directions.

For example he has reported that "some states" without actually listing the states. This creates issues with consistency and uniformity across the country. If there is to be s standard it should be an Australian standard just as there is with the carbon tax.

So the article lists NSWs as one state where the Ecoboost misses out by .5 of a star. NSW is a big fleet and we have seen what that Government has had to say about supporting the local industry. They do have a good stance on the issue but what does .5 of a star really mean? Is there anything about the testing procedure that could cause .5 of a star discrepancy? Would .5 of a star really result into he NSW Government missing their environmental targets? Does any state government actually meeting these targets in the real world? What is really being achieved?

It's like the carbon tax. If real world results are not being realised then it's an additional cost on manufacturing that can't be tolerated as we move forward. Laws and regulations need to be uniform across all states. These are issues Josh could have covered in the name of the same article theme but no Josh in his typical manner has most certainly appeared to have lined Ford up and taken aim at the jobs of 2500 Australian.

There is one job I am interested in seeing go in 2013. This type of reporting doesn't help anyone. It ineffectual in covering the topic. It uses terminology like "presumably Ford" without contacting Ford for a comment or statement on what the objections are. He is a f grade hack of a reporter.

There is a story on this occasion but as we have said here on this forum you can't choose to be a solution and work for the interests of this country or be part of the problem. That article had 16 likes and one tweet at the time I read it. Those 16 people have seen a snap shot of an opinion pieces that didn't remotely ask the questions it needed to.
    When the products don't met the requirements its not a good look to appear to be shifting the goalposts. That's what Josh has commented on and in doing so we don't know what the other side of the issues are. I have cited what I think could be issues but that's uneducated guess work. Isn't reporting about bring both sides of a debate or situations to light.
    The headline is highly inflammatory and in my opinion needs to be held accountable. Ford start back at work tomorrow. Nice timing Josh.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

the guy is either seriously retarded, or intentionally trying to skew the view of his readers. i think both. starting off with a massive negative to get the viewers offside, he then references mitsibishi's local sales before they shut down, and compares them to falcon sales. conveniently he forgets to mention that local production for ford also includes territory which would make local production over 3 times greater than what mitsi's was.

also, i can't remember exactly, but isn't that green vehicle guide a bit of a farce anyway. isn't there examples of much thirstier cars beating more economical ones simply due to how points are scored? also, ecoboost is apparently euro 5 certified but just not here? looks like he researched the issue very well.

what a douche

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    the guy is either seriously retarded, or intentionally trying to skew the view of his readers. i think both. starting off with a massive negative to get the viewers offside, he then references mitsibishi's local sales before they shut down, and compares them to falcon sales. conveniently he forgets to mention that local production for ford also includes territory which would make local production over 3 times greater than what mitsi's was.

also, i can't remember exactly, but isn't that green vehicle guide a bit of a farce anyway. isn't there examples of much thirstier cars beating more economical ones simply due to how points are scored? also, ecoboost is apparently euro 5 certified but just not here? looks like he researched the issue very well.

what a douche
    For me Rob this is where such articles needed to go. I want these guys stopped or at least made to wake up to how he appears. How can you be credible and at the same time take the shots that he has. Clearly he has taken this opportunity to take a swipe at Ford with parallel volume statements to Mitsubishi and at the same time fail to investigate how the green guide works and how it may be flawed? Half a star in the one state he did quote to me would indicate there needs to be further investigations into the suitability and the measuring of the tests. He has not trouble with the sensationalistic headline but has a problem with quantification of the states and what the results actually mean.
    I will be making an official complaint to Ford re this article and its integrity. I have looked at Josh's tweets and it appears he has no trouble waiting to get a comment on the new transit but he has serious issues reporting on local manufacturing content. In fact further investigation shows he is very much on the pulse when it comes to the failing of the local industry for both Ford and Holden.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    fail to investigate how the green guide works and how it may be flawed?
    here's an example of how flawed it is
    http://www.greenvehicleguide.gov.au/...eVehicles.aspx

perhaps i'm biased toward ford, but how does the ecoboost falcon score lower than the aurion and omega when it is cheaper to run and emits less co2. if that doesn't tell you the system is flawed then nothing will!! this is why ford are pushing to have it reviewed or scrapped. its a joke.

here's an example of how flawed it is
    http://www.greenvehicleguide.gov.au/...eVehicles.aspx

perhaps i'm biased toward ford, but how does the ecoboost falcon score lower than the aurion and omega when it is cheaper to run and emits less co2. if that doesn't tell you the system is flawed then nothing will!! this is why ford are pushing to have it reviewed or scrapped. its a joke.
    Surely not??!! what are the measurement criteria that drags its score down??

I hope Sinead can find time in her week to look into this debarcle..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

from memory i think its something to do with FoA not having the ecoboost euro 5 certified even though it does pass euro 5 and is accredited as such in other markets. don't quote me on that though. its just a vague recollection. probably miles off the mark ;-)

Validated User
    from memory i think its something to do with FoA not having the ecoboost euro 5 certified even though it does pass euro 5 and is accredited as such in other markets. don't quote me on that though. its just a vague recollection. probably miles off the mark ;-)
    Vehicles certified beyond Euro 6 were awarded additional stars and said to be less polluting
    even those those car may actually put out more CO2 than the Ecoboost Falcon.

An utterly crazy situation where government departments were going off the pollution rating instead of CO2 level.

cheers john. i believe the ecoboost engine does actually meet euro 6?? is that right. just not certified here.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast